Flywheel Cover Fell Off

I got replacement bolts, 1/4 x 3/4 fine thread. Dealer had 6 at $2. Picked up 4 at the hardware store for $.39 each but they are hex head. Not sure I have room for a full hex head bolt on the cover. If not will cut a slot in the head and mill the head down to fit. Big problem is the mud flap that keep mud from the rear wheel from being thrown forward onto the gas tank area, and the gas tank has to be removed to get at the cover. Have the tank drained but no heat in the shop and 30° or less is a bit cold for that kind of work. May be time for the forced air heater to come into play.
Welcome to the forum. What part of the world do you live in that your shop is that cold this time of year?

Sawdust, if you go bak to the 1st post of this thread, down to the 4th line and a third of the way across, a new sentence starts with " I got replacement bolts - - - - - -. "errorttaa" copied that last part of my first post as his. Like I said this all started back in December of 2022 and January of 2023.

Sawdust, if you go bak to the 1st post of this thread, down to the 4th line and a third of the way across, a new sentence starts with " I got replacement bolts - - - - - -. "errorttaa" copied that last part of my first post as his. Like I said this all started back in December of 2022 and January of 2023.
I'm laying my money on the guy being a scammer. MFDAC brought it to my attention in the warning post I put in the wanted section. Just thought I'd screw with him a bit. The scammers drag up an old post and make a BS post so they can get access to the PM section. Then they use it to fleece you by selling you parts they don't have. Scumiest of the scum!

Back