FOUND Good Used Gas Tank Gauges

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Looking for 3 of these EXACT gas tank gauges below in my screenshot from my phone. I need one for my newest 6 horsepower Craftsman, one for my 10 horsepower Craftsman, and one for my stepdads Craftsman. I found ones that look like this on Ebay BUT not exactly like this. If someone has one or more or knows where I can get them, please let me know. I much prefer NOS but good used is also fine with me.

I am located in Berlin, CT.

Please PM me here, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!
1643758206984.png

Hi everyone,

I got an update and good news. I just so happened to do a search on Ebay yesterday for these gauges with the number in my picture and I found 3 NOS ones located in NJ, I told my stepdad about them and he ordered 2 of them for me as an upcoming birthday gift. He also got himself one for his own tractor, so we got the last 3.

What luck and timing was that?! Just hope they are the right length now, but when they get here we will measure and compare them to the old ones.

Link from the Ebay ad below.....

I have had them on and still do on a couple different tractors. Also had one of the long ones on the IH large tank 400 farm tractor. Found they are something to look at but not to be relied upon.

they are not all the same. Different diameter fuel necks and different depth tanks. I got a few for my Ariens from Glens Surplus in Ohio, he has (had?) a PILE of them and price wasn't bad. I go there once a year when we go camping about 40 minutes away it's a "must go to" for me.
Some of their stuff is a little high in store but looking them up online (they do ship) many prices in their online store seem harsher and that's before adding shipping. but they have lots of pulleys, control cables mufflers engine parts and more, that you just don't find any more. I wish they weren't 2 states away. If I lived in the area Id be there at least once a week.

ugh. Really? I just tossed out one of those back in the late Spring thinking, these are so old, what would I ever use this on.

Guess the saying is true, What one man's junk is another man's treasures.

Bummer I tossed that. If I would of kept it, I would of just mailed it to you.

they are not all the same. Different diameter fuel necks and different depth tanks. I got a few for my Ariens from Glens Surplus in Ohio, he has (had?) a PILE of them and price wasn't bad. I go there once a year when we go camping about 40 minutes away it's a "must go to" for me.
Some of their stuff is a little high in store but looking them up online (they do ship) many prices in their online store seem harsher and that's before adding shipping. but they have lots of pulleys, control cables mufflers engine parts and more, that you just don't find any more. I wish they weren't 2 states away. If I lived in the area Id be there at least once a week.

Good to know they are not all the same, I honestly thought they would be but your logic makes sense with the different tank depths. My stepdad seems to think the new ones we bought are gonna be too short too; but I guess we'll see when they get here. I will check out your suggestion as well to see what they got, maybe they will have them at the right length. Thanks for the tip.

Good to know they are not all the same, I honestly thought they would be but your logic makes sense with the different tank depths. My stepdad seems to think the new ones we bought are gonna be too short too; but I guess we'll see when they get here. I will check out your suggestion as well to see what they got, maybe they will have them at the right length. Thanks for the tip.
For future reference try this site out...

Back