Free International Harvester 350 Utility

cjet69

Tractorologist
Just picked up this "FREE" 350 utility from my cousin. He decided he didn't want it and said get it out of here so we pulled it home today. Its had many parts stolen off of it over the years and the exhaust had rusted off and filled the engine with water. Its just a parts tractor so I started to pull it apart to see what we can salvage. Got the head off and found one cylinder broken from water freezing in the bore so the block is toast. As I get spare time I will continue with the tear down.

100_9858 (Medium).JPG100_9861 (Medium).JPG100_9994 (Medium).JPG100_9996 (Medium).JPG100_9997 (Medium).JPG100_9998 (Medium).JPG

That engine if I remember right has sleeves so a cylinger with a a crack isn't toast. Just pop the sleeves out and buy 4 new ones and your back in business.

I have seen worse tractors than that brought back to life. It just depends on how much time you want to spend and the money to buy new parts like sleeves pistons, bearings, exhust manifold and any other part yopu may need from Stiner tractors, new parts for old tractors in his add.

https://www.steinertractor.com/?CID...MI0YDngZCL3QIVjsDACh0ifQmaEAAYASAAEgL1evD_BwE

:D Al

I believe the C-175 engine is a dry sleeve like the H and M so the bore for the sleeve is broken. It might be that you could get away with just putting a new sleeve in, but it would be a risk. I also have no plans to put this one back together. There are just to many things missing or wrong/damaged to justify it.

I pulled the pan to check out the bottom end. I was mainly interested in the oil pump condition because I might be getting a Farmall H project tractor that needs a pump. I am hoping that this is in good condition and will fit in the H block.

100_0063 (Medium).JPG100_0064 (Medium).JPG

I found an old H oil pump in the back of the shop and compared it to the 350 pump and it looks the same so if I get the Farmall H I will have a pump for it.

100_0065 (Medium).JPG100_0066 (Medium).JPG

Back