Front blade vs back blade

Greasy6020

Tractorologist
Here’s one...

How would a push blade stack up against a back blade on 3 point?

If you had to have one or the other what would it be? This would be mostly for moving snow but dirt moving upon occasion

Tractor/blades in question are Massey 14...

Advantage goes to back blade in my eyes for not tying up 3 point due to both 3 point and mid lift being on same circuit...

poncho62

Hangin' with the cool kids
For snow, front blade all day long. You don't want to drive over the snow and compact it before you plow it.
As for dirt, gravel etc...a back blade is great. If I could only have one or the other, I would choose a front blade. You can always back drag with the front blade to smooth things out.

MNGB

Tractorologist
Front blade hands down for moving snow rear bade for dirt but I have a couple of mid mount blades and they are the best for grading

Arti

Tractorologist
I only have one blade. 3 point 5 ft. on a compact tractor, Our driveway is gravel so I push backwards so the blade doesn't dig in.
Also this tractor has a loader on it so I can drop the loader and pull snow away from the garage door.
I do have a blade for the Case however in the fall the snow blower goes on that tractor Haven't used it for 3 years because we haven't gotten enough snow to make it worth while.

TAHOE

Tractorologist
My back blade swings both ways, pull or push.
I will pull snow away from the cars/garage pulling back blade. Then I'll back over it a d push with the front one. I do push with back blade when I need to push snow up over a pile.