garden an landscape project

holdenboy1960 (Shane )

Tractorologist
been wanting to something with this area for awhile now , made an effort yesterday afternoon , had a 10' x 1.1/2" x IMG_20180907_172713.jpgIMG_20180907_172728.jpg 10"board and 2 lengths of treated boardIMG_20180907_172759.jpg , the 2 treated boards i layed down 1st then proceeded to set the long plank on its edge as a retainer section to hold the wood mulch

I am doing it in a rustic look sort of , my back was absolutely hammering me so i only got 1 post hole dug and post in , 2 more posts to go in yet , 1 post to be beside the tree stump

i laid silky oak leaves and hay in the bottom then filled with wood mulch but needs some more in yet but have to do some more mulching 1st

i plan to plant some herbs ect in there after it settles down , the aloe vera plants are in the white mech section behind the stump the rain of the roof waters them when an if it rains lol

was pondering weather to fit a cast iron bench seat into the retainer wall facing forward wich means i will have to dig another hole for a support post like the 1 in there , i mean cut the back legs off drill the end plates on the seat an anchor screw the seat to the posts

P.S. love some suggestions and thoughts plz

Shane

Back