garden

Delmar

My garden is doin ok, it seems be a contest between me and the neighborhood squirrels as to who gets to eat the tomatoes. I have some sunflowers planted on either side of my little garden, and the squirrels (tree and ground types) are loving the shit out of them...I have a couple of live traps that are helping slow that down a bit.
Watermelon plants never took off, but the pumpkin plants are growing good. I should have planted my maters farther apart...it is now a solid jungle of mater plants about 8 ft. wide by 15 ft. long...cukes are done, but I had a fine crop of them...I will till and plant some radishes and lettuce for the fall...

Attachments

• 20180731_152327.jpg
    20180731_152327.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 15
Something I tried this year that seemed to work real well to keep squirrels & rabbits away from plants. It was to take some Irish Spring Bar Soap & slice leaving pieces laying around the plants. It seems that these animals do not like the smell & will stay away from it leaving the plants alone.
Charlie

Our gardens currently consist of three bars of Irish soap, liquid fence deer and rabbit repellent, and all of the hair from my last haircut.
my wife was a hairdresser so we had a ample supply of hair. Will say it's a little weird to see all this hair laying around and it doesn't go away!!!
Not sure how well it works though...

Back