Gas tank liner

Arti

Tractorologist
A few months ago I posted about lining a rusty gas tank. It was rusty not flaking inside.

I used Red Kote in it and this is just a follow up, It is holding well and not flaking off. really happy with the product and the results.

Don't have to buy a new fuel filter once a week.

I have a plastic on I have to do something with. Had gas in it for the last several years and has a slime like coating in it, Stinks to high heaven too. going to try gas with a hand full of nuts and lot of shaking to see if that will clean it out. I have a bag full of filters but don't want to use them all on one application.

Thanks Noel, never thought of that. About all a penny is good for any more. I would have to check the year but pennies before a certain year work good for removing a surface rust spot on a firearm. I have about 6 in the cleaning cabinet just in case.

I've never had an issue using a mix of gas, seafoam, and anti-skid rock. Put it all in and shake it up. I'm lucky enough to have a pnematic paint shaker...maybe lowes or Sherwin Williams would do it for a few bucks.

I run two batches of the nuts, pennies and gas, shook till I couldn't shake no more. Let it dry in the sun for an hour. Found no indication of an slimy stuff so think I am good to go. Will definately put a clear filter on and keep an eye on it when I get it going.

I have a plastic on I have to do something with. Had gas in it for the last several years and has a slime like coating in it, Stinks to high heaven too. going to try gas with a hand full of nuts and lot of shaking to see if that will clean it out. I have a bag full of filters but don't want to use them all on one application.
I use a combination of nuts & lock washers.

Back