Good tube brands?

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

Need to get a set of tubes for my front tires, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good brand?

I've been looking at the AR Pro and Mission brands, they seem to get good reviews. I've had bad luck with whatever TSC sells, and I don't want to use Slime brand because they come preloaded with sealant.

Thanks,
bobcat2

Last edited:
Wish I could get real "Carlisle" anything any more as in something from them really made by them here in the US. I see this at work alot too, I use alot of tubes there, even Firestone and Goodyear packaged ones, you open them up and on the tubes themselves it'll say "made for" Firestone/good year (respectively) by someone else, in China.
I've seen a bunch branded "Doberman" and (something like) Dong Cheng" not very confidence inspiring on tractors and mowers right along a roadway mowing roadsides right along (sometimes heavy) traffic where a blowout could hurt someone

Ended up going with Mission, seem like a heavy constructed tube. I also like to put a wire grommet in the valve stem hole on the rim to keep it from rubbing. I don't know if it helps, but my grandfather always did it.

Back