Got a free sears

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

Buddy was helping his neighbor on a horse farm and he spied a 70's era Sears tractor sitting outside under a tarp. He didn't think to take any pictures of it, but I guess it's free for the taking. Only thing he knows is it had an 8 on the hood which narrows it down to about 5 models.

Guess I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, best case scenario is it's restorable, worst case is I get some parts and scrap it if it's too far gone...either way, I'm excited, lol.

Thanks,
bobcat2

I know it's just an easy 75 payments of just $19.99, but the introductory cost is just too low to pass by! Lol.
Maybe if I call now I can get 2 for the price of 1.

If I do end up fixing it, it won't be a complete restoration like I'm doing now, 3 tractors on my little plot of dirt is too many.

I know it's just an easy 75 payments of just $19.99, but the introductory cost is just too low to pass by! Lol.
Maybe if I call now I can get 2 for the price of 1.

If I do end up fixing it, it won't be a complete restoration like I'm doing now, 3 tractors on my little plot of dirt is too many.
I found that you usually say that sentence in multiples of 3.
In other words... after your 3rd tractor 6th tractor 9th tractor etc

That's what I figured. Probably a lot of small stuff that would be handy down the road(says the hoarder). I hope the drag link and tie rods work. Tie rods are easy, but for a drag link, the only thing I can think to do is bend a piece of all thread to the shape and screw tie rod ends on both sides if mine ever fails.

I really shouldn't take it, but it's free parts and I've been good about getting rid of scrap, think I junked 4-5 tons this year.

Back