Got a new toy for the Farm

cjet69

Tractorologist
Dad has been toying with idea of a fence line mower for the perimeter and interior fence lines. He thought about building something, but decided to try a DR 3 point trimmer. It was delivered about 2 weeks ago and we are just getting around to mounting it up on our International 284. I think the only thing we need check is the PTO shaft length and it should be ready to go.

100_3437-m.JPG100_3438-m.JPG100_3439-m.JPG100_3440-m.JPGGOPR0481-m.JPGGOPR0482-m.JPGGOPR0483-m.JPG

I've watched video of those. Very useful for sure. But I've pulled up a lot of my fencing, so don't have a use for such. Wished I had one years ago though!

I watched a few videos of those. Looks to me like like that tiny wheel on the outside end would do a lot of bouncing.

Spring is coming so we will be able to give it a thorough workout. I have shot some video where we made some test runs that I need to edit and post. We have made a couple changes already. The first was to tighten up the 3 point on the tractor that we are using to eliminate the side sway. The other is we added a second wheel to the DR. The mower is made so you can mount the wheel on the front or back of the trimmer. Rather than move the wheel we just added another to the front side. It tends to keep the trimmer from digging in when you have a sharp incline/mound .

Back