Got to drive a brand-new Kubota today!

MFDAC

Tractorologist
This Kubota was purchased where I work a couple of months ago. It is going to be used for mowing duties out in the fields we have. Due to screwy city department budgets, they bought the tractor late last summer, but have not bought any attachments yet! It sure is nice to drive and very simple! I got a work order to check it out and "exercise" it by driving around the plant area. Put 4 tenths of an hour on it! Now has 1.5 hours on it.

DAC

Kubota.JPG

You guys crack me up! My budget couldn't buy a lugnut for that Kubota---LOL! Don't have to worry about me "jumping ship"! That's why I'm working on those junk lawn tractors! My neck could never tolerate a rear mounted snowblower either!

It was fun to drive it though, I gotta admit! I got paid to do it too---LOL!

DAC

The county here has new Kubotas to mow with. I kept hearing a really weird noise and finally I got up and went out. It was just the mower that I could hear, not the tractor. They are quiet. Too much danged electronic crap on them though.

Last Thursday they got the mower for this Kubota. I was on a different job so didn't get to help. Another co-worker took it out in the field to try it out. Mowed about 4 feet he said and wham! Hit something big enough the mower quit! They found a six foot long piece of rebar wadded up like a pretzel! This is in a field that is normally mowed once or twice a year by a farmer who hays it by contract. No substantial damage but a shear-bolt broken in the pto drive shaft. Of course the office powers didn't get any spare anything for it and it sounds like the pin/bolt had to be ordered!

DAC

kubota mower.JPG

Back