Graffitti car show at St Jacobs Ont. June 9th. 2019

B10Dave

This show had over 400 entries but I am just going show the trucks that were there. Pickups seem to be the fastest growing segment of entries at shows around my area. I will make four posts with nine pics to a post.
stjacobs 009.jpg stjacobs 010.jpg stjacobs 015.jpg

stjacobs 017.jpg stjacobs 018.jpg stjacobs 019.jpg

stjacobs 020.jpg stjacobs 052.jpg stjacobs 054.jpg

Cool pictures. Always makes me wonder where all this stuff was sitting in the last 20-30 years.?? And yet here it is.. :thumbs:

Cool pictures. Always makes me wonder where all this stuff was sitting in the last 20-30 years.?? And yet here it is.. :thumbs:

They are pretty much unnoticed in a field or dryshed for decades until property changes hands and new owner starts clearing out the "scrap" Mine was a easy pick out of a barn and roll it on trailer. 1963 plates intact.
My friend and 3 others spent a weekend cutting saplings,tree and marching through swamp to get to abandoned '31 chev body and then have to drag it out in pieces. It was free
Neighbour has '33 Ford Tudor hotrod he parked in '67 after graduating high school, it still sits with Confederation Plates on, not driven since.

Attachments

• 100_2465.jpg
    100_2465.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 5
There are scant few who can complete a frame off. Mostly dreamers. This truck was in a garage 5 years and guy never touched it! His wife told him “do it or get rid of it”
I chopped the roof and parted out the rest that I did not need

Attachments

• 8A4B9617-AC09-4AE0-B5D2-D8D7A33B12B5.jpeg
    8A4B9617-AC09-4AE0-B5D2-D8D7A33B12B5.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 9
  • E729BDC0-87CE-431D-BDE0-9D2489A74032.jpeg
    E729BDC0-87CE-431D-BDE0-9D2489A74032.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
Usually sitting in some guys field, that he "is going to restore" and sits there till it rots into the ground.
25 years ago or longer I stopped at a place that had a 48 chevy pickup beside the Barn. He didn't want to sell it because he was going to restore it. It is still in the same place as when I asked about it.

25 years ago or longer I stopped at a place that had a 48 chevy pickup beside the Barn. He didn't want to sell it because he was going to restore it. It is still in the same place as when I asked about it.
There is a Studebaker truck sitting 40 years with same owner, he’s never touched it and last year someone stole the hood. I asked him about it as well in ‘79, ya he’s going to restore it

I like that GMC coe in the first set of pictures.
Yup find them in fence rows on farms trees growing up between the engine and frame, frame rotted to the it might be used for a pattern for a new frame build.

Same thing goes for tractors. I was really wanting a Model 33 Massey for my collection. found one setting on a hill behind a house pretty much a total rebuilt since th ehead was off the engine and cylinders were full of water. Guy was going to fix it up unless I would pay him $3000.00 for it. I got a call in 2012 he had passed away and they found my card with the number and he had wrote on it looking for a 33. It still sat on the hill 25 years later cylinders still full of water.
No way I was going to pay money for it. Told them I would haul it off for $50.00. Was still sitting on the hill last year when I went by there.

Rug rat haulers are the growing trend here now.

Of course the long forgotten are also still reasonable priced.

Plymouth

AMC

VW

Chevet

:D Al

Back