Heavy smoke and Oil in air filter area

So #1 could be stuck open or #2 is stuck shut.
I don't know. I've tried to stay away from those older 2 cylinder engines. Converted most to diesel.
Keep pecking away at it and you'll figure it out.
My wife's cousin had a Simplicity with a Kohler twin. One day he was mowing and all the sudden it started puking oil all over the place. Was still running fine but the engine was covered in oil. Installed a Honda and gave me the Kohler. It had good compression but I never did anything with it. Gave it to a small engine shop to use for parts. I've got a Briggs twin in the new Zero turn and hope I never have to work on it.

The CC1512 I have is basically the same tractor but with a Kubota diesel. Would be nice to drop a diesel in there but starting figure is around a grand or more. I have never been a Kohler fan. They either blow up or the cam gear flies to pieces. Have an old 7 hp Kohler in a Ran that runs nice but only gets a bit of garden work. Those old L head were a strong engine when they ran. A little junk in the gas and it burn right on through them that would plug up anything newer. Briggs made the older Intek engines for the big box store machines. They only had about a 500 hour life expectancy, just long enough to get them out of warranty. Have a single vertical and a V twin horizontal Vanguard. Good engines.

Back