Help with stop switch on a Tomahawk Chipper

earthgrinder

Tractorologist
I purchased a Tomahawk Chipper with a model 195432 B&S w/recoil start. Previous owner took the wiring off for the stop switch. I am trying to find information on how the wiring was originally installed to the switch, coil, and ground point.

Last edited:
Looks as though it used a 8hp B.S. engine ?
Should be a wire dangling around somewhere. Possible the old switch broke and he pulled it off . Grounding the wire out should kill the motor.
If you find the wire and put on a new switch it should be good as new..

Looks as though it used a 8hp B.S. engine ?
Should be a wire dangling around somewhere. Possible the old switch broke and he pulled it off . Grounding the wire out should kill the motor.
If you find the wire and put on a new switch it should be good as new..
Sorry, the motor is a 8hp Briggs. The switch is still there, the wire is removed and modified. I am not sure exactly where the wire should be attached to the coil. I will get some photos so you can see what I have.

Please verify if I am thinking correctly. On the Coil photo, A is where the original wire was? I can, with a spade connecter attach at B and run to kill switch, which I verified is working. Kill Switch photo is what the wiring looked like as I bought the chipper. The thinner wire was connected to the wire in the Kill Wire photo. Probably do not need that wire in the application that I have? I do not know where wire C was supposed to go.

Attachments

• Coil.jpg
    Coil.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Kill Switch.jpg
    Kill Switch.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8
  • Kill Wire.jpg
    Kill Wire.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
Back