Hh100 fly wheel

Toomanytoys84

Aaron
Trying to fix a hh100 tecumseh solid state with no spark. I bought the kit to make do away with the solid state module. But my stator is done. I bought a stator but its 20amp and my flywheel is for a 10amp.

It's a long shot. I know they make it seen a guy on Ebay change his from 10amp to 20amp. Anyone have or know what the part number is for a flywheel with the pins, ring gear and the correct size for a 20amp stator? It should be a 6 magnet flywheel.

I am about ready to drag this tractor to the scrap heap!!!!

I wonder if an HH120 flywheel is the same. I have one you can have , pay shipping. I sold the ignition and stator. I can't remember what amp it was. I could probably find out though.

DAC

This is what I'm looking at now. The flywheel I need still has the 2 pins and but from my reading has 6 magnets.

I now have two 20amp stators. 10amp stators are like hens teeth. People want more for them than I paid for the st10.

Can you get pictures? Maybe a measurement of the inside..I'd be more than happy to pay you for the fly wheel if it's the correct one.

Attachments

• 20181011_163411.jpg
    20181011_163411.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20181011_163359.jpg
    20181011_163359.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 11
Eyeball-wise it looks like a different animal, Aaron. Pretty crazy what it costs to deal with the HH engines. That's why the HH120 came off the 12G. It does have 6 magnets though.

DAC

Attachments

• DSCN1318.JPG
    DSCN1318.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1319.JPG
    DSCN1319.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This is a picture of the stator I sold that matched the flywheel.

DAC

Attachments

• Tec SSI parts 002.jpg
    Tec SSI parts 002.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 8
Sent you a message. I'll take your fly wheel. Worth a shot. I LOVE Tecumseh engines, but this one has me about ready to throw in the towel. I've invested more in wrong parts. I'm willing to try anything.

I loved using this old sears. It's been down for awhile now, couple summers? Cut grass with it, and never had an issue with it. For being the "cheapest" tractor in the fleet it never broke. The gear drive deck is super quiet, cut grass great, and the only complaint I had was its a pain in the butt to get on and off of!

This is a picture of the stator I sold that matched the flywheel.

DAC

Wonder who bought that ;);)
It's still laying on my other tractor I haven't had time to work on.:confused:

Yes, that 20amp flywheel will fit the 20amp stator you have. I ran a 10 amp on my OH160 when I was doing a test on my ignition, then switched back to the 20amp.

What conversion kit did you buy?

Let me know if you decide to "drag this tractor to the scrap heap", I'll be right over to scrap it for ya :thumbs:

Yes, that 20amp flywheel will fit the 20amp stator you have. I ran a 10 amp on my OH160 when I was doing a test on my ignition, then switched back to the 20amp.

Let me know if you decide to "drag this tractor to the scrap heap", I'll be right over to scrap it for ya :thumbs:

Overnight solutions, with the hall effect trigger, and coil built in. It's a nice piece, but I've never gotten to use it.

I won't let it defeat me!! It will run again. It's a nice tractor, good hood and grill, clean body panels, everything works great.

Overnight solutions, with the hall effect trigger, and coil built in. It's a nice piece, but I've never gotten to use it.

I won't let it defeat me!! It will run again. It's a nice tractor, good hood and grill, clean body panels, everything works great.

I've got an Overnight setup on an HH100 I bought, but guy took head and stuff off so not been able to hear it run yet.

HH100 is a nice strong motor, but man parts are either scarce or they want more for a single part than the whole mower is worth!

I found a 10amp stator last night for 149 dollars, a SSI box for 349!

I have 2 20amp stators, 2 bad 10 amp stators, 1 bad SSI box, 1 good SSI box, and a host of other parts I've bought for this tractor. What a nightmare.

Might go Saturday and pick up a SS12 outside of Pittsburgh. Its all original, and looks like its brand new. Then again I might go West to above Dayton and pick up a Bolens 600....or I might just not buy anything and avoid some headaches...

I want to pull the deere down and scrub it top to bottom and put it away for the year, and use the sears to finish the last few mowings of the season. Since all the other tractors are cleaned, batteries out, and ready for winter...But that might not happen if this sucker doesn't want to work.

Sent you a message. I'll take your fly wheel. Worth a shot. I LOVE Tecumseh engines, but this one has me about ready to throw in the towel. I've invested more in wrong parts. I'm willing to try anything.

I loved using this old sears. It's been down for awhile now, couple summers? Cut grass with it, and never had an issue with it. For being the "cheapest" tractor in the fleet it never broke. The gear drive deck is super quiet, cut grass great, and the only complaint I had was its a pain in the butt to get on and off of!

Let me get it figured out and I'll let you know shipping cost. Marty didn't want the flywheel when he bought the SSI parts. I had threatened a couple times on GTT to scrap the rest of this engine, but never had the heart to do it. It was a great engine until I was having visibility and breathing problems mowing. It needed bored.

I remember well Marty, I just didn't think I should mention names. If Aaron needed more info I was going to message you. Is the head missing on the HH100 you mentioned? Does a HH120 fit? Still have that to.

DAC

I remember well Marty, I just didn't think I should mention names. If Aaron needed more info I was going to message you. Is the head missing on the HH100 you mentioned? Does a HH120 fit? Still have that to.

DAC

No, I have the complete motor, just in a few pieces. It was a 16 yr old kid who had no idea what he was doing. Couldn't get it running so he figured he would take it apart, he got the head off, then I was able to get ahold of it. Someday I'll fart around with it, maybe get it back together and running.

It runs!!!! No video though.

Put the stator and fly wheel on. Mounted the overnight solutions parts. Put the plug in. Hooked up the wires and she fired right up on starting fluid.

I have more work to do before it runs great. The carb is clogged. Ran on low idle and then ran out of fuel. Think the float is stuck. I banged the float bowl. It started and ran for 30 seconds and shut off.

Spark is nice and bright! Dad is going to tear down the carb tomorrow and use the sonic cleaner. I need to grab a roll of white and black white and clean up wiring that looks awful. Get the cover back on and redo the throttle cable and fuel line routing.

I cant thank you enough for hooking me up with the fly wheel! Perfect fit! Saved the day for me!

It runs!!!! No video though.

Put the stator and fly wheel on. Mounted the overnight solutions parts. Put the plug in. Hooked up the wires and she fired right up on starting fluid.

I have more work to do before it runs great. The carb is clogged. Ran on low idle and then ran out of fuel. Think the float is stuck. I banged the float bowl. It started and ran for 30 seconds and shut off.

Spark is nice and bright! Dad is going to tear down the carb tomorrow and use the sonic cleaner. I need to grab a roll of white and black white and clean up wiring that looks awful. Get the cover back on and redo the throttle cable and fuel line routing.

I cant thank you enough for hooking me up with the fly wheel! Perfect fit! Saved the day for me!

I was wondering if the flywheel and hardware got there ok Aaron! I was paranoid that the wieght would bang around in the box and the ring gear would chew right through the wrapping and box! I've seen a lot of badly handled priority mail packages. Glad it is running. You can take some still pictures of what you are working on----hint hint!

DAC

I was wondering if the flywheel and hardware got there ok Aaron! I was paranoid that the wieght would bang around in the box and the ring gear would chew right through the wrapping and box! I've seen a lot of badly handled priority mail packages. Glad it is running. You can take some still pictures of what you are working on----hint hint!

DAC

box was 100% undamaged. No problems at all!

I'll grab some pictures of the tractor.

Looked at it a little more last night, looks like a mouse got into the harness behind the dash. Going to stop at lowes today and grab up some good wire, and redo a little of stuff. Good thing this tractor has about the most simple harness I've ever seen!

Got side tracked tonight. Wife announced she wants the living room relocated by Thanksgiving....so...spent tonight working on that. Take me at least a 2 weeks to finish the drywall, painting, flooring, and trim...between 10 hours 6 days a week of work.

Maybe dad will button this up for me...he has more free time.

Funny enough dad just called me and said he fiddled with it some more and it runs like a new one. It's all ready for grass cutting! I am gonna try it out tomorrow.

Back