Home Made Yard Rake

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Made this up a couple years ago. Decided it was time for some paint! Put it up on the saw horses to take it apart.
DSCN4136.JPG DSCN4137.JPG

This is made using 35 tines from a hay rake! It's 54" wide and does a great job pulling twigs and such from the grass.

nice Kenny
How does.it work on gravel?
Brings the gravel back up to a point. If it's loose gravel, very good. Tine spacing is 1.5".
I got one side of the tines painted this morning. May be tomorrow before I can turn them over. I'm using Van Sickle IH Yellow on them.
DSCN4138.JPG

Went out this morning and started putting the tines back in.
DSCN4140.JPG

Here's how i get them in, start the bottom through the hole:
DSCN4141.JPG

Then, work it down to the next bend:
DSCN4142.JPG

Then, work it down to run back under the top and hook them in:
DSCN4143.JPG DSCN4144.JPG

All in!
DSCN4145.JPG

Got the top back on and it's ready to use!
DSCN4146.JPG DSCN4147.JPG

That's a really cool attachment Kenny. If I only had a tractor with a suitable hitch! How does it handle rough terrain like drain field humps and tree roots exposed out of the ground just a bit? Maybe your yard isn't as bad as mine.

DAC

That's a really cool attachment Kenny. If I only had a tractor with a suitable hitch! How does it handle rough terrain like drain field humps and tree roots exposed out of the ground just a bit? Maybe your yard isn't as bad as mine.

DAC
The tines will bounce over things if I don't have too much down pressure on them. I like it as a 3-point as the top link lets me adjust it to a more/less aggressive stance. Plus I can raise it pretty high to dump.

Back