Wanted hood for Deere LT166

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
as title says. Mainly need top portion, top and bottom bolt together w/ 4 bolts. Reasonably priced. LT133, LT155 are the same, unsure of any further interchange.
Roughly between Chicago and Champaign IL so it's "worth" the drive to go after.

most plastic hoods are expensive regardless of the brand name so guys can ask whatever they want and usually get it.... I havent looked for a 166 hood but its probably at least $700 for the complete unit... so $300 or less for good used one would not surprise me.

I bought a complete hood from JD for an LX277 once... that was near $1000 and didnt even include the stickers

(choke gasp gag) I wound up ordering a new one on eBay, a reproduction one for around $100 with tax (why did they have to start charging tax on egag purchases??? More aggravation)
it isn't here yet, hopefully it's a good fit.
Waaaay more than I wanted to spend for a hood for a tractor that I intended to sell from the time it got here, for sure. But I've put it off way too long, I need to get it done. Nobody seems to have one.

Yeah/ the upper and lower was available new as a pair for ~$300 but was the same aftermarket repro parts. I think the lower is missing a small chunk down low but it closes fine and don't hurt anything. But the upper hood was shattered. I started with just a few cracks and the more I tried to fix it, the thing just busted up/shattered like glass.
I found new OEM upper hoods for like $124 somewhere maybe it was Amazon?

Back