$@#// House Sparrows

That's a neat detterant for unwanted birds. We had a hawk fly down at our chickens last summer but missed. My wife immediately went online to find a deterrent. She took CD discs hung them on about a foot of fishing line in a few trees so they swing & turn. The reflection they cause hurts the eyes of the hawk. It definitely gives off a quick prismatic type light. So far no hawks.

I had Barn Swallows before I tore down the old barn. They would fly around me while I was mowing. They still do but not as many. We would sit on the deck and watch them in the evenings. Was never bothered much by bugs when they were flying around.

Barn swallows during the day and bats during the night and your 95% bug free. Have 3 bat houses to go up this spring. Swallows get used to your voice and will sit close and talk to you, once they acclimated to you.

There are many kinds of native sparrows that are highly desirable song birds. The only one you need to kill are the imported English sparrows.

There are bird houses for swallows. They are open on the front and sides, like a shelf, so that the swallows can build a nest like normal.

Thanks for the info. Never heard of that. Will have to do some checking on them.

Did I miss some Spam???
Can we have that Spam discussion again? I think there was someone on here who liked the bacon-flavored Spam. Since there is not a puking emoji, I copied one. Spam...with Real Bacon. F Me, how about Bacon with real Bacon????

spam.JPG

Attachments

• puke.JPG
    puke.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Did I miss some Spam???
Can we have that Spam discussion again? I think there was someone on here who liked the bacon-flavored Spam. Since there is not a puking emoji, I copied one. Spam...with Real Bacon. F Me, how about Bacon with real Bacon????

View attachment 13145
"With real bacon"....
Funny that's the only thing they dare tell you that's in there..! Won't tell you the other floor sweepings..

Some people are City Slickers from the get go and have no clue what good eating is like. Only what they can drag home from a store. Spam hater will eat bolonie and hot dog's all day long.

Back