How to get 240V from a 110V outlet . . .

Video unavailable. If I understand your question and you have 240v into your shop then you have 2 120v circuits.

Can't see the video but.

Will it Work? Yeah it'll give you 220. Did it at the coal mine. 220v welder shipped in by mistake. Power center had 110v circuits on different breakers. We always had 480v 3 phase welders. Made up a creative "Y" plug. It worked for about 30 minutes. Breaker knocked on one side and burnt the welder up.

I would not recommend doing it myself. At the coal mine I didn't care if I melted some cables or burnt up a welder.

One hot wire and one neutral gives you 110-120 volts. 2 hot wires and one neutral gives you 220-230 volts. 220volt outlets are configured different so a standard power plug will not plug in, though I have seen some people that put a 220 plug on a 110 volt tool/appliance. Makes them run super fast for a very short period of time.

Clicked the "watch on youtube" link.

The comments on the youtube page are helpful (copy & pasted here):

1) The outlets have to be on different bus bars, not just different circuits

2) Main concern is you're relying on two separate breakers for one device. One breaker trips you still have power on the other circuit feeding that outlet. Easier and safer to run another circuit to a double pole breaker assuming there's space in the panel for a double pole breaker

My comment:
Check the breaker box in your shop; it may already have 220V going to it (just not used)?

I wouldn’t do it. Like Pig mentioned you probably already have like most boxes two 110v legs. In an emergency a temporary connection would be ok. I’ve done a lot of electrical work over the years. The three most deadly things I respect most are. #1 My wife #2 Electricity #3 Water :D

Back