Yes,,there is just too much gap for this not to be intentional. I will assemble it again with lots of lube and see if it will work without the worm gear binding. Initially I considered levelling the surface with Bondo to see if chute would work better. Bondo would be easy enough to remove if it is not a solution.
Lubed everything. Rod trunion was fastened upside down. I learned this from not just looking at my manual pictures but reading
There is some adjustment on worm gear up and down according to bolt slots where worm gear fastens so I raised it a hair and a half. Not really sure why it works so well now but the lube obviously made a significant difference.
Works excellent, no binding!
Some more changes to be made. Suicide knob is in wrong position for snowblowing, needs to be @12 o’ clock. As well, have to wear different mitts. The lanyards on mine kept getting hung up on knob and chute control. Otherwise great seat time, could not see a thing as it’s light snow, the chute lifts the snow and wind takes it from there
Threw the belt on blower unit yesterday. Seems I did not tighten Allen screws on pulley tight enough. Anywho today I have to get a Woodruff key for pulley as I am not looking in the driveway for it.
Unlike these kids who spent hours looking for a dropped ski yesterday
I tried at one putting a bigger drive spocket (by a tooth or 2 forget) thinking that it would turn faster and blow snow farther. Didn't seem to make much difference so I put it back to normal. Had to run it without the cover in place that's why I put it back... Experiment over...
Broke the NEW belt (GATES B53) operating the snow thrower attachment the other day. Pulled belt cover off and noticed the "bolt" bent. Quite perplexing so out came the instructions( I'm learning, slowly) and of course it says bolt should be removed and saved for when mower deck is installed.