Hurts my feeling

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I saw lots of cool cars today while driving around in town but since I was driving, no pics, dang it! There is a big car show, camp out and party at a campground near Sturgis which is probably the second biggest show in the area. Cool Deadwood nights is the first. I was kind of bummed that chores had to happen today with that going on but I will get over that.

I went and got a gas tank for a JD 110 today and the route to the folks house goes by "Junkyard Row". Probably 6 junkyards along this stretch of county road. Seeing this hurts my feeling! I've always wanted a '70's GMC Motorhome and this one is sitting in a junkyard! 12,000 of them were produced by GMC from 1973 through 1977.
GMC in junkyard.jpg GMC in junkyard cropped.jpg

DAC

Were those a fiberglass body?
Fiberglass and aluminum body panels, Chris.

A lot of cool vehicles are sitting and rotting. Makes me sad. Every time you ask the owner if it’s for sale it’s always the same “I’m going to restore it”. Then you drive by for years and it’s slowly sinking into the ground.
I've got one of those, but at least it's taking up space inside, Aaron---LOL!

I remember those, dis GM actually build the whole thing? Or did they farm out the camper part to a conversion company of some sort?
Like any RV builder, buys the incomplete chassis from whatever brand they do then builds the bodies and furnishes them....
No vendor involved, Dodge. Entirely a GMC project. That's part of what set them apart from every other class A motorhome of it's time.

Here's a wiki link.

DAC

Back