Husqvarna GT/TS Chassis Rebuild Update- 200Hrs After.

GT48DXLS

Tractorologist
Yesterday, 15MAY2020, I passed the 200 hr mark since I reinforced a new TS chassis.

(some of you who have been around this forum awhile have already seen my posts about my original chassis that broke after only 63 hrs of use back in June 2018, here's a link to the original story)

IMG_0868.JPG

For those that want to see the whole restoration process of the original build in numerous pictures, a link is here-

So, for those that want to know what will work (proof), owners that want more work out of their GT/TS, people wanting a JDX500, Cub Cadet XT3, or Simplicity (all great models) but can't afford one, and those owners that have the same tractor under a different name, Craftsman, Jonsered, Poulan Pro, etc.

Or, who find themselves facing an $600-$800+ Dealer bill for a tractor they were told "could" and found out it couldn't, without Dealer support. A tractor that has become expensive lawn furniture, and now you are faced with buying new ($$$$$$), used (potentially someone else's problem) or paying the Dealer his price.

I just want to let you all know that the rebuild is still working and working well, solid rebuilt chassis, 200 hrs of actual Garden Tractor use later. I have zero hesitation in it's ability to dig in the dirt (or sand).

I want to offer hope and encouragement with this post and the continuous proof that a fourth option not only exists, but is solid, may cost what you would pay the Dealer, but you will get a tractor that is so much more. If you are here or find yourself here eventually.

I started here at 63hrs, June 2018 (purchased new July 2017).

IMG_0616.JPG

I ended up here,

The GT as of 15MAY2020, ran the blower over it, cleaned the filter, getting it prepared to rake pine needles, and mow the grass.

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

Some more enhancements for this type of GT are on their way in the near future.

Cheers,

A lot of buyers would not have your talent to build this. Perhaps you could sell a rebuild 'kit'.

I appreciate good words.

My Wife and I have considered a kit for those without the time or tools, and it would have to be affordable enough to be usable.

For those that wonder if they can, I say start small. Improve one thing to your liking, and try and find it in action, it's not always necessary to re-invent the wheel, find it and adapt it, paint it a different color.

MH81, :thumbs:

Cheers,

I'm not sure the demand would justify putting together a kit. Not meaning to be critical but have you been contacted about your modifications or supplying parts? Putting a ready for resale kit like this together can involve quite a bit of time and labor on your part.

I'm not sure the demand would justify putting together a kit. Not meaning to be critical but have you been contacted about your modifications or supplying parts? Putting a ready for resale kit like this together can involve quite a bit of time and labor on your part.

I like honesty, and we came up with the same conclusion, What you've said I suspect is very light, and I understand, it's complicated trying to cover all the bases of starting a business and that's before you open the shop, right?

If my kids were interested in making it a business, I might look into that. Besides, I'm not a businessman, I've become more house bound with each year now, and the basics of what works is not complicated at all, I believe the tear down and installation has more difficulty for people than drilling holes in the two chassis rails.

Thanks for following this little experiment.

Cheers,

I've read pretty much everything you have posted. Can't say thanks enough for putting it all together on this site.

I bought the TS354XD. Johnny Bucket says I can use it on my mower. I'm a little bit hesitant to go full bore on installing the Johnny Bucket. For obvious reasons.

I assume my frame is not better than the older ones? I'm also assuming mine is a 2023, I bought it last month? I'm thinking maybe I should obtain a frame to have as a spare. If my original bites the dust, I'll have a new one to beef up. If Husqvarna is pulling back on the consumer market, maybe frames might be impossible to obtain?

Thanks for any thoughts.

A lot had to with Husqvarna not living up to their 5? year frame warranty. Had they done that possible the PO would have had a new frame installed and been on his way and never heard from again. Who knows how many of these frames failed due to using a front bucket. I'd kinda say not many.
Freak thing ? Don't know.
All that said I'd honestly not be to afraid to add a Johnny bucket and use a little common sense especially now knowing what one guy when through.

I was thinking of the frame for maybe long term. Also if supply chain/availability of frame becomes an issue. I'll have one already. I'm thinking that I will try to reinforce the frame some. Looks like the Johnny Bucket mount itself would help stiffen the frame some.

Thanks for the encouragement 4getgto. I thought I did decent research when buying the Husqvarna.....but I fell short...........because the company should have made the frame beefier.
I am going to get Johnny Bucket soon. I'll just try not to shock load it...

I was thinking of the frame for maybe long term. Also if supply chain/availability of frame becomes an issue. I'll have one already. I'm thinking that I will try to reinforce the frame some. Looks like the Johnny Bucket mount itself would help stiffen the frame some.

Thanks for the encouragement 4getgto. I thought I did decent research when buying the Husqvarna.....but I fell short...........because the company should have made the frame beefier.
I am going to get Johnny Bucket soon. I'll just try not to shock load it...
I'd hope to think that Johnny Bucket did a little homework first to decide that Husqvarna was built stout enough to handle their equipment.

I'd hope to think that Johnny Bucket did a little homework first to decide that Husqvarna was built stout enough to handle their equipment.

I gave them the specific model Info, and they gave me a green light. I was expecting them to show some reservation in regard to saying the Johnny Bucket will work for my specific set up. Or at least caution me to not be go too crazy while using it.

Back