I Guess Me & The Yellow 1967 Craftsman Are Famous… I Got In On A Tractor Magazine Photo Contest

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Hi Everybody,

I guess me and my yellow ‘67 Craftsman 857 are famous now, because I got in on a tractor magazine photo contest. The contest was from Antique Power and it was their first time doing it from they say in the magazine. This is in the latest February issue. I honestly forgot about the whole thing because I thought I wasn’t gonna get in…, but if I remember I think I entered back in December sometime just as a “what the heck” type thing. This all started today when I went to tractor supply to get a new 2nd woodruff key for my 6hp Craftsman 855 project because I took 2 out of the foot pedal and clutch assembly, BUT then I ended up loosing one. I was all set to cash out when I decided to go by the magazines and stopped to skim through the tractor magazine because I had the “I don’t need but lets see what they got” attitude, and low and behold I saw my tractor in there on the right side page if you can see it… so I had to buy it. I feel completely shocked and honored I got in and got me and my tractor recognized. I’m really happy to say the least, and I’m also speechless.

If anyone from Antique Power is reading this post… thank you so much for picking my tractor I truly appreciate the recognition, it means a lot. It was completely unexpected to me. This really boosts up my last crummy week

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I guess me and my yellow ‘67 Craftsman 857 are famous now, because I got in on a tractor magazine photo contest. The contest was from Antique Power and it was their first time doing it from they say in the magazine. This is in the latest February issue. I honestly forgot about the whole thing because I thought I wasn’t gonna get in…, but if I remember I think I entered back in December sometime just as a “what the heck” type thing. This all started today when I went to tractor supply to get a new 2nd woodruff key for my 6hp Craftsman 855 project because I took 2 out of the foot pedal and clutch assembly, BUT then I ended up loosing one. I was all set to cash out when I decided to go by the magazines and stopped to skim through the tractor magazine because I had the “I don’t need but lets see what they got” attitude, and low and behold I saw my tractor in there on the right side page if you can see it… so I had to buy it. I feel completely shocked and honored I got in and got me and my tractor recognized. I’m really happy to say the least, and I’m also speechless.

If anyone from Antique Power is reading this post… thank you so much for picking my tractor I truly appreciate the recognition, it means a lot. It was completely unexpected to me. This really boosts up my last crummy week
Hey, I was hoping for a really nice C L O S E U P like this,

1708999962671.png

I can't read what it says, but it could be good.

It would look really nice on a calendar . . . with a pinup girl.

I don't know if your a member over there or not but it was on a GardenTractorTalk (or GTTALK) forum calendar a couple years ago.... but with no pinup girl though :rolleyes::(, I don't even really know where I can find one around here to do a photoshoot like that. The tractor is also on the what they call "banner" picture up top as you enter the website on the GTTALK forum too.

Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment! I would love to be able to drive it actually...... But I don't think that will happening anytime soon.

Magazines are a dying breed......... I still like them.

Thank you for you compliment, I really appreciate it. If your ever in Berlin CT let me know and maybe I'll let ya drive it, no problem. And yes your right magazines are indeed dying.... obviously because everything is online, and its honestly pretty sad all the good stuff is goin away. But like you said I still like magazines and will continue to get them for as long as I can..

Hi Everybody, I’m back.

Just letting you all know that I got a frame and put the magazine in it a couple days ago. Also (Now yesterday), I got the tractor out for the first time this year because I had the itch of not being on it the past 4 months. And while I was at it I did a photoshoot with the magazine. I plan to have the magazine on display with the tractor this year at the shows and the fairs…..

B67FF59E-8B87-4AED-8916-C81C966E438E.jpeg

FADBF809-96D4-489F-9274-49C4818CC3D2.jpeg

E34503EB-E423-4E6F-A5FA-C84FD77ADE29.jpeg

E58903F5-DFF6-4DED-A077-C3AB4370B635.jpeg

Back