Interchangeable hitch ball

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Anybody have any experience with these hitch balls? I've had this brand new one laying around here for a quarter of a century or more, but never used it. For some reason I had it in my head that the larger ball was 2-5/16, not 2". The 2" and 1-7/8 are what both of my trailers have so thinking I should put it on my male hitch so when I'm using the 3 point hitch to pull a trailer I can pull either without as much work switching. Save a few bucks not having to buy another male hitch. Mainly 2" ball on the street pulling my bigger trailer is my concern. Anybody ever heard of any issues with these setups? Made by "Master" and it looks like the same logo of the lockmaker.

DAC

DSCN3697.JPG DSCN3698.JPG

Used something similar years ago but used a pin through the ball to interchange. Worked well. But if I remember the pin would work its out if left on without the hitch over it, or cover ,and end up losing them.
The interchangeable ball types don't seem too popular anymore. At least I don't see them pop up.

Used something similar years ago but used a pin through the ball to interchange. Worked well. But if I remember the pin would work its out if left on without the hitch over it, or cover ,and end up losing them.
The interchangeable ball types don't seem too popular anymore. At least I don't see them pop up.
I have one, only have the 2" ball for it. Pin hasn't been out in years, so not much issue there. I tightened mine down so the pin is sideways.

I have "had" a set for about 20+ years. Worked good with no issues. Keep the "O" ring on the ball pin greased a bit and work better. Some where the Stud part got away from em so all I have left is the 7/8" ball. Lot of good that does. NAPA has them also.

Now that you guys posted the pin type, I remember seeing them before, but it's been a long time. I couldn't get the nut loose to do the swap so instead of getting carried away I sprayed a little penetrating oil on it for tonight.

Thanks for all the comments!

DAC

Back