JD 112 w/ Electic Lift

Waiting for better weather to do some more to it! Got nearly 4" of rain in the last few days!

Since I have to do most things outside, I have to wait. Don't like laying on cold/damp ground. I got the fender pan isolaters yesterday. May fool with that today as it will be a bit warmer and maybe some sunshine.

I pulled the seat pan yesterday. That was fun.
DSCN3781.JPG DSCN3782.JPG

DSCN3783.JPG

Couldn't get to much of the lift mechanism but was able to free up a lot of things. Got the brake lock moving again. Gotta adjust the brake rod some more. And the deck height adjuster is working now. Installed one end of a ground wire to the frame for the tail light. I'll finidh up the other end today.
DSCN3784.JPG

Got the pan back on late yesterday. Had to take the seat off and use a different set oif holes so it would slide back more.
DSCN3785.JPG

Little by little, it's getting better.

I got the tractor out away from things for some pics.
DSCN3789.JPG DSCN3790.JPG

DSCN3791.JPG DSCN3792.JPG

When I got the pan back on, I noticed the Variable Drive shifter was broken. I have an idea for a temporary fix. Hope it works anyway!
DSCN3788.JPG

Looks pretty solid. Wonder why they put the coil on the outside like that?
Should be a good unit for you.
I love mine but it’s retired. That may not be forever though. Been thinking of putting her back to work plowing the driveway. I would take the original seat off though it’s in very good shape. The 210 may get the snow blower or the other way around still kicking that around.

Looks pretty solid. Wonder why they put the coil on the outside like that?
Should be a good unit for you.
I love mine but it’s retired. That may not be forever though. Been thinking of putting her back to work plowing the driveway. I would take the original seat off though it’s in very good shape. The 210 may get the snow blower or the other way around still kicking that around.
The coil mount is the wrong one. Not many options for under the hood. Best place I've seen is right on top of the engine!
I may have found a used Variable shifter. Gotta wait & see if my bid wins it.

Brakes are nice. Looks tight under the hood, where is the coil usually mounted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Down close to the carb, I think. On the inside. The mount on there will not allow that, it's not stock.
Good luck with the bidding
Gave up on that! I just do a temporary fix for now. One will turn up close to the price I want to pay!

Well, I made a fix for now on the variator handle. It'll due till I can get a loan to buy new.
DSCN3794.JPG DSCN3795.JPG

NE winds are howling down here, so came in earlier!

Back