K181T

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
I've had this little engine for a while. I finally got around to messing with it today. Put the carb on, checked the points. Dug out a coil and condenser. hooked the charger to an old battery to energize the coil. Squirted a little carb cleaner in it and grabbed the pull rope. Me thinks the compression release isn't working right now as when I pulled, it kicked back some . But it fired out the exhaust when it did. WooHoo! :bannana: It'll run! Not sure if I like the govenor/throttle setup on these. My linkage to the carb is not the right length for this setup. I had to remove the drive pin to get it to work.

Here's the little guy with factory recoil start.

DSCN2048.JPG

Remember, you read it here first!

Last edited by a moderator:
IT LIVES!!!!!!!! :bannana: :transport-043: :thThumbsUp-1:

Had it idling just now! Had to keep one hand on it as it was trying to walk out of the shop! Thinking about putting a 4" pulley on it to run the hyd. pump so I can test things! Have to make a stand for it all to sit on. I'm happy!

Nice going.  It's always exciting when you can bring something back to life.  

nice little test unit Kenny.

I think it will do you a fine job. Watch you're not holding on to the spark plug wire while you're trying to hold the engine now.

Watch you're not holding on to the spark plug wire while you're trying to hold the engine now.

watch you're not holding on to the spark plug wire while you're trying to hold the engine now.

watch you're not holding on to the spark plug wire while you're trying to hold the engine now.

watch you're not holding on to the spark plug wire while you're trying to hold the engine 

Ask  me how I know.

If Alan ever says "trust me" there is a good chance you will be shocked.... Dont ask me how I know....

Glad you got the little Kohler running.

It's too bad someone shortened the crankshaft. And the key way is a little rough. But it started easily and just chugged along. I'll come up with a longer plug wire and move the coil. Probably put a toggle switch in line for powering the coil. And I need a fuel tank for it.

I just saw that it put that in there about 20 times.

no idea why, I was using voice to text and can gaurantee I didn't repeat myself that much.

Back