Kawasaki carburetors

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
working on a 2016 Hustler (I think its 2016 if Im intrepreting their numbers right) only 11 hours on it from new. wouldn't start, even with a new battery/ would sputter when I dribbled gas in throat. so I have the carb off. pretty clean except for crustation in the very bottom of bowl. It has a weird plastic float/needle "carrier" Ive never seen before. 27hp Kawasucki twin. FX850V. I've looked at Jacks, PSEP, and 1 other place/ all they show is each gasket and Oring seperately. but somehow PSEP (Pats sm engine) in their "universal parts" section does show an OEM Kawi kit for this size engine. but when I put the whole number from the engine in, (look up "the other way") no "kit" comes up.... Individually they want $18 for the needle..... yikes. and each gasket and Oring is seperately listed.
anyone have any experience with tehse units? this is a first for me. Carb is a very basic unit..... glad the solenoid tested good, I tried getting it off last fall and didnt have a shinny enough wrench, tried to grab the solenoid body and just spun the case of it.... was hoping I didn't tear the wires off internally,,,,,, that would have been a $92 mistake.... it was a little gummed up though and a bit stiff though. ain't my machine so I cant really do the bypass.... (snip the tip) .

Nobody?
After spending $28 on 5 little o rings right from Kawasaki ($7 of which was shipping for what amounted to between 1/4-1/2 ounce total among the o rings) I got it running as it should, just finished using it for the 3rd mowing since, hour meter just hit 18.0 and on my last 2 swipes today it started acting like it was out of gas (i did run it completely out about an hour before I was done/ and filled it plum full )has 2 6 gallon tanks, I'm only using 1) and it ran fine for that hour before it acted up. It acted like (hopefully) a plugged inline filter as I had to choke it and stop moving for a minute for it to catch up... I finished the last 1/2 a swipe on partial choke.
Hopefully nothing worse than either vapor lock or a bad filter..... I need to find out when kawi wants customers to change oil in these things. I'm thinking im gonna do so before I mow next as it's close to 20 hours and I doubt the owner had anything done with it in the first 11 hours that were on the clock before I ever touched the machine...... Probably still on its break in oil. I did check it before I ran it today, still looks decently clean (I didn't see how "clear" it was when current oil was new haha) but was slightly over full. Probably 1/4 to 1/2 the distance between "full" and "add" , overfull. This is admittedly the first time I pulled the stick since I got the thing running

With Kawa engines when you check the oil, remove and wipe the stick, then place the stick back in the engine, BUT, don't screw it in. Pull it back out and check the level. Kawa's are the only engines I know of (so far) that have you check the oil this way. The directions should be written on the stick.

Back