Ladder stand carrier

chieffan

Tractorologist
Got a hunting lease on the 160A right outside my back door. All non timber ground is in a Conservation Reserve Program and seeded down with a pollinator type seed. Has lots of wild flowers along with a variety of grass seed. This year the flowers are thick and 4 - 5' high. Due to this ground being in a govt. program I cannot make a definite path through it and getting the ladder stands back up to the furthermost tree area was going to be a problem. Only access short of walking and crossing a deep, deep creek is an old farm crossing I can get across with my quad. Used an old sections of a ladder to build a couple carriers to keep the equipment up out of the flowers, etc. May have to brace it some but will try it this way first.

Attachments

• SAM_0746.JPG
    SAM_0746.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 24
  • SAM_0748.JPG
    SAM_0748.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 24
Definitely will have to brace it. Going to weld a loop on the end of a light tube, drop the loop over the main pole at the top, angle it across the opposite side of the rack and add another U-bolt to hold it. Will use a light flat iron to X brace between the front and back pole. As it is there is nothing to keep the vertical poles from rotating. Back to the drawing board.

Back