Leaf Blower

Arti

Tractorologist
Looking to get a Leaf Blower.

Was thinking about battery one so I don't have to drag a cord around.
Any suggestions on brands that work the best or ones to stay away from.

Will use it to clear off a deck, Blow out the shop floor once a month and I use one occasionally to blow out the truck before I vacuum it. Don't have a sidewalk to clear so use will be minimal.

I use a 40V Kobalt from Lowes. It does shop, sidewalks, lawn mower decks, and more. Had it a good 4 years and never a problem. It will blow 45 minutes on a single charge.

I am a huge Milwaukee fan. If you have another brand already, just stick with them since you are already invested. I think most if not all of the major brands have blowers.

3 or 4 years ago I bought 18v "Worx" brand trimmer and blower combo. It was about $130 shipped back then. Wife wanted a blower for snow on her truck. It's not their most powerful stuff but adequate for what we need. The little trimmer has really surprised me with how tough the string is and how well it cuts the weeds on our acre. Sure will never fight a gas powered trimmer again!

The blower is great with dry grass and leaves but wet stuff it don't quite have the snort to move it well when it's in clumps. Wet deep snow is tough too, but dry snow, no problem.

DAC

kobalt works great, the blower and weed whacker are excellent. the weed whacker is almost 5 years old I still get an hour out of it and use it on 5.5 acres. also have a small ryobi battery leaf blower for cleaning off the mowers

2 stroke is the way of the past I just gave away my last gas commercial echo weed whacker, I am completely done using 2 stroke yard tools and couldn't be happier, no more mixing gas, winterizing, fighting with them to start, just pull the trigger and go plus no noise.

Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, and Ryobi make a decent small one. If you have one of their cordless sets, you wouldn't need to start a new battery system.

I have a Worx weed whip that does what I need done, As far as battery operated tools we have a set of 60 Volt DeWalt tools however the price of the leaf blower is sort of high for a machine that is only used occasionally also the tools are on a construction crew everyday.

I had been looking at the Kobalt and from what is said here I think that will be the direction that I will go. thx for the quick replies.

get a gas one/ no cord there, either. growing up, my parents had all corded hedge trimmers, and weedeaters. I got so tired of both cutting the cord as I trimmed around something and also wrapping all the cord up when done. since I have been out of Mom and Dad's, I have bought all gas powered equipment. I do know of a couple people (no offense meant by saying this, but mostly women) who have semi recently bought battery powered, and so far they like them, but don't use their stuff as much as me. (and I don't use my equip as much as I used to, having a son that has 2 houses makes up for that, haha) but for me its gas....
I didn't know that companies like Milwaukee have gotten into yard/garden stuff, I have a lot of Milwaukee stuff.

I'm a gas guy also. bought a 4 stroke string trimmer long time ago. worked great to trim in the out yards as I can fill it at a gas station right out of the pump. Didn't have to carry gas in the truck either. Just fill it up again at the next station. Got lots of funny looks when I would go in and pay for 18 cents worth of gas and some times as low at a dime.

:D Al

Wish they would make a 4 stroke leaf blower so I could carry it on the trailer with the mower.
I like to blow the mower off betweens jobs so I dont trans port seed from one place to another.

:D Al

Stihl has 4 stroke weed whackers and leaf blowers, but they are still mix gas,
“4-mix” as they call it. I have an FS100rx that’s 15 years old and shows no signs of quitting.

Teresa usually does the weed eating here, but since she's grading apples at our neighboring orchard, I got my 80V Kobalt (Lowes) wacker and got to work around the whole place 2 days ago. Battery was 2/3 charged, and I worked for over half an hour. Still had 1/3 charge. It will cut large weeds no problem. I'll NEVER go back to gas blowers or weed eaters!

As long as I use a battery operated tool at home I'm in favor of cutting the cord and not having to deal with the gas situation.

I just went to help a friend last week fixing up a deck and some outside projects, took all my good battery tools and forgot to pack the charger. Every battery was dead when I got home. Would have liked to had a drill and a saw with a cord on it with me.

Back