Leatherman

That is the same one I carry daily. I took the clip off since it makes it harder to hold, and just carry it in the case on my belt. FYI do not use that tool with the hole in it to pry anything with. It will snap at the hole, then you will have to send it in to be repaired

That's pretty nice, Chris! My Leatherman is probably 10 years old now. Before that, I had what I called a "Leatherwoman"---LOL! 2 for 10 bucks from a "bargain bin" at the Sydney, Nebraska Cabelas! I think they are still around here somewhere!

DAC

Last edited:
I've had the vise grip model for 15 yrs and it has served me well. I learned to not pry with the flat screwdriver/file blade. being a file it is like glass. Called Leatherman and confessed to my sin. They said send it in, I did and received a new one along with a new belt sheath. Now that's warranty service!!

”HOW ITS MADE”. Featured the Leatherman fabrication the other night,,,,I like to see the fabricating machines at work
I love that show, but when "they" switched it from the Discovery channel to the Science channel I can't watch it anymore. I ain't giving the cable company another 20 bucks a month for 49 more stations that I'll never watch except the 50th one! I'm sure it is our local cable provider that pulled that stunt, not all cable packages.

DAC

Same goes for the Gerber tools. Been down that road.
My problem with the Gerber is the little clips that hole the opening mechanism in place. As much as I use mine I was wearing them out in about 6 months. Yeah, I can get free replacements - in 2 months. I did a lot of research to find a one handed opening tool that had comfortable grips. The leatherman wasn't cheap, but it is my #1 most used tool. I used it 5 times today. Well worth the investment.

I never had one of the clips give me problem and when working I used it many times a day. I did always carry it in a leather sheath though.
I haven't tried any of the newer Leatherman tools. The older ones used to hurt may hands when squeezing hard on the handles and the Gerber was easier to open one handed. All of that could have changed with the newer models. I'll have to look.

I never had one of the clips give me problem and when working I used it many times a day. I did always carry it in a leather sheath though.
I haven't tried any of the newer Leatherman tools. The older ones used to hurt may hands when squeezing hard on the handles and the Gerber was easier to open one handed. All of that could have changed with the newer models. I'll have to look.
I carried one for years, and never had a problem, till I did. They don't last 6 months now.

I’ve been using the crap out of this thing for 6 months. It’s been an excellent tool! I can’t imagine not having one now. I use it at work 20 times a day.

I thought I lost it last weekend but turns out I put it in my hat at work when I was changing clothes and put them in my locker.

great little tool. Highly recommend. Not a single issue.

Back