Limits of a Massey Ferguson 1655/1855

I definitely wouldn't consider it a safety issue. I most likely would add something to strengthen it right there. But then again, I have a 12 year old running my equipment. Things will break and bend in odd places as he tries to run it to it's utmost ability. That apple sure didn't fall far from the tree!

It's 1/4"x 4" flat bar on edge, I'd take that over a thinner C- channel any day. Trust me...put a pipe wrench or an adjustable on it with a cheater & twist them both & see what bends easier. Proper C channel will be stronger or bent channel of the same thickness sure, but the 1/8" to 3/16" form bent frames are not as strong. You'll be fine. The weight of that blower hanging off the front of there with no support under it & hitting a large bump did it in IMO

Well it's re-assembled! I was too enthusiastic at one point and forgot to take pictures /:

The frame and transaxle were washed. I also fixed some issues with the tractor, the steering was really imprecise because the tie-rod end on the front axle for the rod coming from the longitudinal arm had previously been re-assembled (before me) and the nut wasn't tightened therefore the rod-end had worn the hole. Welded the hole shut and drilled it again to fix this. Also I fabricated plastic washers to install on top of the vertical pivot for the front wheels to remove the slop and prevent a bit of dust from entering. Obviously I lubricated every part I was re-assembling.

BTW if someone ever thinks about adding hydraulic tubes to the front, save yourself some time and remove both the engine AND the steering "A-frame", it is really easier this way.

I don't think I'll have much more snow to remove this year but I will be looking for the parts I'll need for the subframe.

I think it took me about 3 hours with all the fixes.

IMG_8459.jpgIMG_8460.jpgIMG_8461.jpg
IMG_8462.jpgIMG_8463.jpg
IMG_8464.jpg
IMG_8465.jpgIMG_8466.jpg

Back