Little Giant Tractor?

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
I believe I met a missing link in the pond bros story today.
Anyone ever hear of them and their ties to Speedex?

You talking about one of these?
I have yet to see one in person.

Attachments

• little giant.jpg
    little giant.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 19
Here are pictures of a Little Giant walkbehind I picked up. As far as we know, there has never been another one turned up. The L-Gs were identified by the round drive coupled to the model T axle.
DSC04850.JPGDSC04851.JPGDSC04852.JPG

IMG_20200926_183933129.jpg
These are wooden forms for sand casting various parts of the Speedex and LG tractors.
They were found in his Grandmother's attic along with flyers, etc. when she passed.
Apparently, his grandpa passed in 1946, but had been building the LG tractors and also this Speedex model in his barn.
As the story goes, after his death, Speedex came and got all the inventory and forms and opened a factory in 47.

There has been a lot of speculation over the years about the connection. The red one with Little Giant on the hood has the same drive as what was felt to be Speedex. The silver tractor was Stan's and I thought it had the round drive but maybe not? I knew Stan knew the guy but I've never met him. Wish it would have worked out for me to go. This was a model B Speedex that was at the Zolpho Springs show in FL a couple years ago.

DSC03643.JPG DSC03644.JPGDSC03645.JPGDSC03646.JPGDSC03647.JPGDSC03648.JPG

That one has the same final drive, but a completely different transmission setup?
Is that engine RPM into the transmission and then worm gear reduction to the final drive?

Holy convoluted

Awesome find.

There has been a lot of speculation over the years about the connection. The red one with Little Giant on the hood has the same drive as what was felt to be Speedex. The silver tractor was Stan's and I thought it had the round drive but maybe not? I knew Stan knew the guy but I've never met him. Wish it would have worked out for me to go. This was a model B Speedex that was at the Zolpho Springs show in FL a couple years ago.

View attachment 29904 View attachment 29905View attachment 29906View attachment 29907View attachment 29908View attachment 29909
BTW, he's a lot closer to you than me.
I have a contact number, if you want to meet him.
Want to say the town was Marlboro OH?

Back