Loader valve problem

Sometimes, the supplier may put something in the casting. Could be anything.
I just heard back from the last dealer I talked to and they have the repair kit and they will sell it to me for $ 80.00 , I will be on my way 120 miles round trip shortly. This is the last of the kits like this available presently. A new valve is $ 1100.00 and I think I will order it as well. If parts are that hard to get I will repair this one and have it in reserve should something happen to the new one. Such a major problem for a small part.

I was thinking a fella with a lathe could make that too. Does it really need to be harden steel. How do you know Daniel it’s hardened steel.? Could you tell by the look of it. Or you just know that. Just wondering.
Kinda looks like it had some sideways pressure on it.
Crazy price.
I’d make one out of a piece of hardwood. Hehe. But knowing me I’d try any thing.

Noel

Jumpins. You wouldn’t think a 10 year old tractor would be hard to get parts for. That’s sad. If I was going to buy a tractor, one reason I would buy a major brand tractor is for its part availability service. But I guess that’s not the case any more.

Noel

Jumpins. You wouldn’t think a 10 year old tractor would be hard to get parts for. That’s sad. If I was going to buy a tractor, one reason I would buy a major brand tractor is for its part availability service. But I guess that’s not the case any more.

Noel
Yup, seems funny. I really think it's like most manufacturers they don't want to stock parts, just full replacements. Hopefully this kit works and all is good. Thanks.

I just heard back from the last dealer I talked to and they have the repair kit and they will sell it to me for $ 80.00 , I will be on my way 120 miles round trip shortly. This is the last of the kits like this available presently. A new valve is $ 1100.00 and I think I will order it as well. If parts are that hard to get I will repair this one and have it in reserve should something happen to the new one. Such a major problem for a small part.
Wow.... have you have a great dealer!!!

Looks a lot like a button that is used with an older style double flaring tool for forming inverted flare brake and fuel line ends on steel tubing. Common sizes were for 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" steel line.
GEARWRENCH 41594 Replacement 7 Pc. Adapter Kit for Tubing and Flaring Tool Kit 41590D, 41860 or 83094, Black : Amazon.ca: Automotive

Hopefully the kit that the dealer has works for you but if not might be worth checking to see if one of the buttons could be adapted as they were made out of hardened metal. Be easy enough to turn in a drill or lathe and then use a grinding or sanding disc to remove material where needed - just a suggestion.

Looks a lot like a button that is used with an older style double flaring tool for forming inverted flare brake and fuel line ends on steel tubing. Common sizes were for 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" steel line.
GEARWRENCH 41594 Replacement 7 Pc. Adapter Kit for Tubing and Flaring Tool Kit 41590D, 41860 or 83094, Black : Amazon.ca: Automotive

Hopefully the kit that the dealer has works for you but if not might be worth checking to see if one of the buttons could be adapted as they were made out of hardened metal. Be easy enough to turn in a drill or lathe and then use a grinding or sanding disc to remove material where needed - just a suggestion.

Thanks Stew. I knew it reminded me of some thing.

Noel

Got back late yesterday 200 mile trip round trip but the $ 920.00 kit was $ 80.00 for the relief valve. ( Kubota knew exactly what was up when she emailed the problem and called her right back) , While I was there the wife and I discussed the new valve and the dealer said she would knock off another hundred for it if I wanted to order it. These people are a small dealership that sells a lot of Kubota tractors, equipment and parts. They are in a area of large farming and hobby farms.
We ordered the new valve on the fear that if the original valve would not work or was still bad we would have a new one. So for just under $ 1000.00 we have a new valve on the way. It has a two year warranty and is OE for Kubota direct replacement.
Going to put the kit in today get it back on and running to see if it is fixed.

P.S. I was just about to PM jdcrawler to see if Ray could make one on his lathe. I have seen some of the intricate parts he has made for his train builds.

Thanks for all the support and ideas. I really appreciate you guys and you experience and help.
Hope you have a great day.
Roger

So would it work to cut the part out of annealed drill rod then heat treat?
Don
If you had a piece of drill rod big enough, that's exactly how you would make it, most drill rod is O1 tool steel. Only thing is, the kind of tolerances called for in hydraulic valves mean you have to leave it a thousandth or so oversize, harden it, and then use a toolpost grinder or center grinder to bring it to size and surface finish. Best to have the original broken parts on hand when you do that kind of work

Back