Longing for Tractor Pulls

Good guys car show went on as scheduled this weekend for 2 days. TV interviewed a guy from Mi with his Mustang. Haven't heard the finally count of vehicles entered yet but were especting over a thousand. Larger crowds also but usually stay spread out at car shows, except for those the want to gather and be part of the problem. Everything else cancelled in this area also. Don't really bother me and getting a few more things done around home that way. Not a crowd person other than an auction which I haven't attended yet this year.

Finally got to go to an auction 2 days ago. Went really for 2 items came home with neither. Did bake in 93* heat, and bought a couple of little things anyway.
They had a 5hp 60 gallon upright ROL AIR 2 stage compressor I was wanting for my kid. You know how an auctioneer starts high when starting on an item... He started at $1200, he was coming down and when he got to around$750 I said $150 to start.
I was right in front by the auction wagon. No way that the crowd further away heard what I said.
Auctioneer said "well that's a start but I wasn't wanting to start in the basement"
Just then some idiot in the back of the crowd yelled out "$500" and nobody said another word. Except "SOLD for$500"I was hoping to get it for about that at most, sure wasn't wanting to start there.
Then a 10' fiberglass ladder, again started at about where I was hoping to get it for. Started out around $40 and ended up at $140 which is really close to new price

Yup and now the covered bridge fest in Indiana, usually held in October is now a figment of imagination. It too has been cancelled as of a couple of hours ago.will the cancellations from this BS, ever end?
I can't be the only one getting fed up with COVID running the show lately.

Yup and now the covered bridge fest in Indiana, usually held in October is now a figment of imagination. It too has been cancelled as of a couple of hours ago.will the cancellations from this BS, ever end?
I can't be the only one getting fed up with COVID running the show lately.
Nope. You have a long list of #metoo people there.
The week before the Portersville Steam Engine show (think about all the expenditures that happened right up to the last week of a show. Drinks, grounds care, caution tape, vendors, exhibitors, etc) and our "Governor" decided that covid isn't an issue outside UNLESS the group is larger than 249 people. At 250, everyone's gonna die.
Not people / acre
Not social distancing
Not masks

Show had to be cancelled.

I went to a show in Ohio where they seem to understand population density, basic physics, and that country folk are smart enough to self regulate.

Nope. You have a long list of #metoo people there.
The week before the Portersville Steam Engine show (think about all the expenditures that happened right up to the last week of a show. Drinks, grounds care, caution tape, vendors, exhibitors, etc) and our "Governor" decided that covid isn't an issue outside UNLESS the group is larger than 249 people. At 250, everyone's gonna die.
Not people / acre
Not social distancing
Not masks

Show had to be cancelled.

I went to a show in Ohio where they seem to understand population density, basic physics, and that country folk are smart enough to self regulate.
Since he pulled his stunt with Carlisle, and lost it's a little harder for him to shut stuff like this down. Up here the courts aren't exactly seeing eye to eye with our governor, two recent major losses, and more to come, sadly this is what it's gonna take some places.

Felt really weird being home/at work last the other week and not in Canandaigua, many here are sick of it.

Better to be sick OF it than sick WITH it.
Agreed.
If you are hi on the list of targeted health issues, or are uncomfortable with going out, then please stay home and take care of yourself.
Those who are less likely to catch it or are less concerned should be allowed to have the event.

At the Ohio show, they allowed for both in-person spectators and drive-through spectators 2 allow people who were more concerned the opportunity to view the show from their car.

This week here is normally our Old Home Week. Type of exhibition, cattle and animal displays, horse racing, midway rides for young and old. Streets blocked off and parade. None of that. Seems very weird. This event has been going for many many years. Only thing happening is the Gold Cup and Saucer horse race at the end of all day Saturday racing. Have to bet on line, I think. It happens around midnite Saturday. That ends the weeks events. No Gold Cup and Saucer parade either.
Sad.

Noel

"They" still estimate at least 250,00 bikers showed up for the Sturgis Rally which ended last Saturday. Some of the participants were wearing facemasks!

EDIT, Just in! Our local newspaper has upped the estimate to 460,000 bikers.

DAC

rally face masks.jpg

Last edited:
"They" still estimate at least 250,00 bikers showed up for the Sturgis Rally which ended last Saturday. Some of the participants were wearing facemasks!

EDIT, Just in! Our local newspaper has upped the estimate to 460,000 bikers.

DAC

View attachment 28592
Yep...somebody's daughter right there...;)
Hope "Knuckles" don't mine us looking.....:cool:

Back