Looking at a Kubota G1900S

THEJUGGLER

Hello, I am new to the forum, tomorrow I am going to look at a Kubota G1900S 4 wheel steering. This has the 54" deck, 3 cyl 18hp diesel engine with 1000 hours on the machine. It has new front tires, front wheel bearings, battery and seat. He is asking $1500obo which seems like a decent price???. It looks like it has some Cosmetic damage but nothing to worry about. I have read a lot of good things about these mowers, has anyone on here had experience with one?

I'm been on the forum for a while but this is the first time posting so I hope this is the right area

Thanks for any help

Kubota G1900S.PNGKubota G1900S2.PNGKubota G1900S3.PNGKubota G1900S4.PNG

I like this Kubota because it's not air cooled (also diesel is a huge perk), I don't want to mess with cleaning out the fins and mouse nest at the beginning of the year on a air cooled engine. I have a JD with a opposed cylinder Onan engine and I have to remove the engine to get to the bolts to remove the engine tin. I'm getting to old for this and I'd like something a little simpler. I also like how this Kubota doesn't have a electric clutch. Those clutches are so expensive to replace when they go out. I read that these Kubotas are a little light and can be tippy, I will probably fluid fill the tires and put on some wheel weights. I don't have much for hills in my yard, but I like a sturdy machine.

My JD is also hard to get on, I'm hoping this will be a little easier since there's no center hump to climb over.
Going to go look at this mower in a couple hours, I'll see how it goes.

Get some wheel spacers and widen the rear as far as you can. Makes a huge difference! The rear deck casters might not allow much though, but a little time cutting and welding, and you can kick those casters out a bit. 2 1/2" spacers will do wonders, giving a 5" wider stance. I put them on my Kubota BX25D and it really made it much more stable. You can mow twice as much area with a gallon of diesel over gas.

Kubota makes a nice machine. I'd like to just have the engine out of it for a project that's brewed in my head for years!

I wanted the gr2120 or whatever the new diesel model is but I ended up liking the deere better

Well I ended up cramming a Kubota G1900S into the back of my pickup today, it seems like a nice machine, it started right up with normal amounts of smoke, sounds really smooth and quite. The hydro seems strong and it really gets up and goes. I mowed a couple rounds in the guys yard and the mower deck runs smooth and cuts really nice. I got it home and it was about dark. I unloaded it out of the pickup but I need to put the mower deck back on before I can use it since it wouldn't fit in my pickup due to it being so wide. I need to work with the PTO shaft, it seems to be stuck on the PTO, I ended up pulling the shaft in two so I could get the deck off and I thought I'd mess with getting it off when I got home. The mower is pretty beat up, the rear reflectors are broke out, scratched and dented all over. But all of it seems like cosmetic damage which doesn't bother me any.
The steering is really interesting, it turns a really tight circle and once the mower deck is on, it's going to be close to zero turn.
I'll see if I can get some more detailed pictures up tomorrow

Get some wheel spacers and widen the rear as far as you can. Makes a huge difference! The rear deck casters might not allow much though, but a little time cutting and welding, and you can kick those casters out a bit. 2 1/2" spacers will do wonders, giving a 5" wider stance. I put them on my Kubota BX25D and it really made it much more stable. You can mow twice as much area with a gallon of diesel over gas.

I'm going to try and flip the wheels, I want to see if that will space it out right or if it will be to far. I might have some different tires that I'm going to put on it, the tires that are on the rear now are too small (smaller then what it should have).
I will see what I can do tomorrow

I'm going to try and flip the wheels, I want to see if that will space it out right or if it will be to far. I might have some different tires that I'm going to put on it, the tires that are on the rear now are too small (smaller then what it should have).
I will see what I can do tomorrow
Hi, over here in Northern Ireland we sold a used petrol version of that machine, almost the same minus the engine. Really good machines, new kubotas aren’t as good any more, they have moved their parts to China, so I’ve been told

OK, Flipping the wheels was a no go, these rims have such of a offset, the wheels were in the mower deck and I couldn't even put them on the other way besides I don't want to put that much stress on the axle. I dug around in my tire pile and I pulled out a new set of 24-12x12 AG treads. This is the same tire used on slope mowers, I bought these at a auction long ago because I thought they might come in handy and they did. The tires that were on this kubota were a size too small. I didin't like how narrow they were, these mowers are already tippy so I was wanting to go with a wider tire. The AG tread will also be nice because I was having trouble with the tires spinning when mowing up ditches. Since this is 4 wheel steering it doesn't seem to tare the turf up. I'm needing to wash up the tires, they are covered in tire goop, I had a hard time getting them to seal up but they seem to be holding now. Once the glow plugs are heated the old engine starts up faster then you can turn the key. So far I'm really impressed with this mower, it's light years ahead of my John Deere, it cuts way better (even has junk blades) , the deck on this Kuobta doesn't dig into the ground or spread and fling the gravel from my paths like the Deere does. This also has a deeper deck for higher grass capacity and the deck lifts higher then my Deere. Overall I am very pleased with this mower and my Deere might be on the way out.

Yes the deck is missing it's back wheel, I had to remove it to fit the tires, I am going to extend the mounting bracket and move it over 1" and that should get me there.

This winter I'm going to go through the whole thing, I would like to find a new grill for it since the one that's on there is melted for some reason. I would also like to paint the whole mower but I'm afraid of not being able to find decals. I am also going to replace all the bearings and idlers in the deck. In the next day or two I'm going to put a better seat on with suspension with longer seat rails so I can slide the seat further back. I'm getting too old for a lousy seat, I need something that doesn't hurt my back on every bump.

20180924_184305.jpg20180924_184324.jpg20180924_184336.jpg20180924_184402.jpg20180924_184438.jpg20180924_184459.jpg20180924_184535.jpg

That gearbox on the right side of the deck I assume is to drive a grass collection blower?? Never seen one in that location.

Yes that is for a grass catcher, I've never seen a shaft drive one before. Too bad I don't have the grass catcher, although I don't have a use for one.

looks like a strong machine. I always wonder though how the hell do people beat stuff up?! That would drive me nuts....Or maybe I'm the nut for waxing my tractor once a month....

Nice tractor, I'd like to get a diesel some day, just for the heck of it. Always wondered if they would be any easier on fuel, but here where I live, diesel fuel is 10 cents a liter more than gasoline, so would there be any savings.

Noel

I just bought a Kubota G1900S with the 54" mower deck. Deck not shown in pictures. Can't beat "Made in Japan." 483 hours on it. Paid $2000. It could use a new seat. But other than that it's a clean, strong mower. In excellent shape. This mower is way over engineered. And the 3 cyl. diesel kicks over everytime.
image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image10.jpeg

Back