Lost the Bota draw bar today.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
This morning working the bota pushing down Autum Olive, wild Dogwood and Multi flora Rose where I believe is just inside the new property line.

I had a branch hung up on the loader so got off the tractor and there is the pin laying there all shiny and proud. I thought it might be fore the loader so started a inspection of all knowen pins and found nothing.

I decided ai needed to go to the house and lay in the grass and serch the under sides for a missing pin. When I got there I was late for dinner, OH Crap, she doesn't like for me to do that.
Hey I don't wear a watch I am retired, and know how to run a micro wave.

Any way while eatting it dawned on me like a flash of light. I know where that pin came from so after I finished eatting and southing the feathers I went out and sure enough no draw bar.

I have a metal detector so I should be able to find it despie working the box blade with the rippers down.
Maybe I pushed it into a brush pile also.think I will make a locking clip for the pin like on my trucks trailer hitch. It is like a safety pin you pin diaper on with.
Darn gave my age away didn't I.

:D Al

Hindsight is always 20/20. It's kind of surprising that the drawbar isn't more permanently mounted.

Yea!!!!!! I found the draw bar today. All the snow has melted and I was driving the tractor back to pick up some gear from a deer blind and there it was right beside the trail.

I just have to go and get my eyes checked as I have walked my dogs right buy it a minima of 50 times since I lost it.

Yea!!!!!! I found the draw bar today. All the snow has melted and I was driving the tractor back to pick up some gear from a deer blind and there it was right beside the trail.

I just have to go and get my eyes checked as I have walked my dogs right buy it a minima of 50 times since I lost it.

Paint that sucker in a fluorescent paint! It won't get lost again!

Tomorrow bright and early I will get out my heavy wire and build a saftey pin type of draw bar retainer pin PIN.
will then need a pair of channel locks to remove the safety pin to remove the draw bar retainer.

OK i will post a picture when finished.

OK here is what my new keeper pin looks like.

008236545579.jpg

Got the draw bar back on today.
As for painting it Florescent have you ever used it? I painted some wood splitting wedges with it and it just didn't last.

I used regular red paint on them and 5 years later I can see them laying in the leaves when they fly.

Back