Massey 50 and 55 series Mower Deck Pulleys

Thanks again MacWorld. another thing I did not have at hand.
The boys over at PM say the shaft needs to be ground and hardened to run in a needle bearing. It looks like there will be another cost here if the hydraulic shaft is not hard enough but it should be plenty smooth. If I make these i quantity I should be OK.

You could use the shafts to broach the gears but you would need multiple shafts to do them in increment sizes. You would have to machine them so they would have a cutting edge to work.

I am still working on or better getting back to those dreaded deck pulleys. Broaches are VERY pricey. I need a couple of deck shafts that have good spline but may be unserviceable due to the rest of the shaft being unserviceable. My plan is to use them to build my own broach with those shafts. Any body that send me the first 2 shafts will get a free pulley. Only the splines need to be good. Two people send a single shaft you both get a pulley. I would need the long shaft from the quill that runs the top belt. If they are short ones I will need more than two.
This is the stuff we are working with.
View attachment 23829View attachment 23830
I am looking for a set of cogged deck pulleys for a 1655 Massey deck. If you have available cost?

Back