Massey Harris Pony electrics conversion.

Jonnyboy

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to this site / forum and Im after any information regarding converting a Massy Harris Pony 812 petrol from 6 volt to 12. I recently bought this beauty in France where I live. I realise that the Canadian and French models are slightly different in some aspects but I am assuming the methods of conversion are similar. Any information would be great fully received.

Hi JB.
From what I've been told you will not have to change the starter motor. Your ignition coil will have to be changed to 12v. Any lights will have to be switched to 12v. You can take the old generator off and install a one wire 12v alternator. There are other option as far as the alternator but the one wire option is the easiest. I would suggest you set it up for negative ground.
I'm sure others will add to this.

Install a resister in line and you can change to the 12v alt or a 12v generator. No need to change the coil that way. The starter is fine to use also.

Since the American and Canadian pony use bulbs in reflector lights just change thre bulbs.

:D Al

Back