MF 1010 Hydraulics

Ducky

Ducky
Does anyone know if it is possible to add remote hydraulics to a 1010 and where to tap in for that if it is possible?

From what I can find it was an option and the control valve was part of the top bell crank case.

Attachments

• 20200110_195554.jpg
    20200110_195554.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200110_195631.jpg
    20200110_195631.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 8
Well I'm sure you have tried the Agco route and found parts are NLA or cost to much and finding used could take forever. I have a slightly larger and older AC and the kit is NLA. Easiest way I found is described at hoye tractor parts, they have a tech center that describes how and has basic drawings for remote hydraulic install.

Thanks
That site has a lot of info that is quit informative. It would be a great read for anybody that would like to expand they knowledge of mechanical knowledge. Thanks so much for the info. I will put a link to that site HERE.
That is what I was thinking about if there is no other port to tap off flow from the pump. We will have to use a control valve with the "Power Beyond" option in order to maintain the flow back to the tractor so the 3 point still functions and of coarse add a "Tank" return line from that valve as well.

I checked out that site, Ducky. That hyd. diagram is what I plan for my 316 to add an H3 valve, making it an H4. Can't just replace the existing valve because of the steering sector being in the way.
Here's the pic:
hydraulics-add.jpg

That is what I had in mind except the control valves would need to be Power Beyond in order for the system to work properly.

For the return to tank to get back to tank a Power Beyond valve passes pump flow though to the next valve and has another port for Return to Tank so this valve has somewhere to go with it flow from its A & B ports. This is done by changing a port plug to a sleeve adapter in a valve that is convertible. Not all valves have the Power Beyond function available.
Give me a bit of time here and I will try to explain better with Pics.

Don, if I'm understanding right, what you are saying is without the power beyond one couldn't do anything with the first set of valves while using the second set due to the pressure in between valves not allowing anywhere for the first valve's used oil to dump into. Kinda like my first power steering build I did as my power steering valve didn't have a power beyond port and my remote cylinder valves when used would kill my power steering, which was ahead of the remote valves..

I do not plan to use both valves at the same time. For one, the handles will be on opposite sides of the tractor. I'll leave the existing valve for the 3-point and deck lift. The second (3-spool) will be for add on hydraulics. May run the float spool and one next to it for front hydraulics. Last spool will be for attachments on the 3-point.

I think you have it Dan. When the A or B ports of the first valve has to dump oil it has to pass it has to pass it though the second valve which causes a bit of restriction causing slow operation of the function. This is really noticeable on a single acting cylinder when the return oil and the pump flow all needs to go out the tank port and though the second valve. If the pump flow is right up there with the control valve capacity rating it could actually extend the cylinder instead of allowing it to retract.
On Kennys example he will be returning his 2 valves though the 3 point circuit.
Schematic_MB3-335x170.jpg
This is what a Power Beyond valve would look like. The P port is Pump, the T port is Tank, the C port is Power Byond, and the other 4 ports B 1 and 2 and A 1 and 2 go to your actuator ports. A lot of valves are convertible and can have plug in the C port that allows pum flow to join the Tank line or an adapter that will have a threaded port to attach an output flow to another valve or what ever. This fitting will isolate the Pump and Tank connections making it a Power Beyond valve.
Hope this explains it a bit. Please ask questions if you need.

So would I be better to split both the in and out to both valves (ie: put a tee in the in and out going to each valve)! I don't think JD valves have power beyond! I want more hyds on the 316, but the steering box won't let me swap valves!

No Kenny a tee will let the oil go the path of least resistances thus nothing will work.
You can try your plan but if thing do not work as expected we will know why. It all depends on the resistance you add to the Tank line.

Thanks Mac I think I can figure out the Hydraulic circuit on the tractor with that. Should be able to machine up the block myself.

Not sure if this is of an help, but I found this parts list and diagram for installing a bushhog loader onto a 1010, I imagine aux valve(s) would be plumbed similarly.

Bush Hog 1847QT Front End Loader Parts 1847QT Front End Loader Hydraulic Adaptor Kit P/N 24H43967 (Massey Ferguson 1010) Parts List and Diagram
Thanks again. Had some time to look at your attachment and that will be enough for me to set up remote hydraulics on my 1010. The valve in the picture is a Power Beyond valve as it has 3 port plus the 4 work ports.

I have got some machine work done to mount one set of rear tires. I was not very proud of the tera tires that came with the tractor. They were both in good shape but I need this tractor to work in worked ground to plant corn. One was was filled with calcium chloride and the other was foam filled. Both are VERY heavy which is always good but not much for traction.
I had a pair of 31x15.5x15 in stock,20200210_160347.jpg
Not too Bad to Mount, had to bore the Pilot hole and drill a new bolt pattern. Got those on this afternoon..
This is what they look like. The first Pic is as I got it and the other 2 are the new tires.
20200110_195631.jpg
This is the new tires.
20200210_170448.jpg20200210_170515.jpg
We also changed the front tires to get rid of the Tera tires on the front axle also. Could not Find an ag thread tire so I went with a set of ATV tires because I need the traction in lose and damp ground.
I have another set of tire that I have to make Adapter Plate to mount them on this tractor. I will probably Dual those tire with these for more flotation.
20200210_193222.jpg
If you think I have gone off the deep end feel free to state your opinion.;)
More update when I get the 4855 out from infront of the Corn planter and get it hook up.

Back