Mini car show

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I went to a retirement luncheon for two more guys that retired from the place I recently left and they drove their classic rides. Here's some pics. The Nova belongs to a guy that retired a couple years ago.

DAC

IMG_0924.jpg IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0930.jpg IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0933.jpg

Love everything about the Nova. A lot of you guys are retiring within a short time. Are they replacing you all.
Johnny built that Nova from a car his son bought to rob parts from for a Nova he was building, Jim. It was pretty rough, but he did a beautiful job!

They lost over 70 years of experience within the last month and a half. Me and the guy with the Camaro are old enough it was time to go no matter what. The guy with the dune buggy is much younger but had been there 33 years. He would have stayed longer but the crappy management and us older guys leaving caused him to want out too.

Of course we were just "resources" to be used up and booted out and replacements are being hired. I got out of there better than these two guys. The superintendent didn't even get them any retirement gifts that were allowed in the budget. I got a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff.

Sorry, got on a rant about the management of that place. Glad I'm gone.

I so want a rail/dune buggy
That dune buggy was a basket case when he got it too, Marty. The only thing he farmed out on it during the build was the upholstery work. The pics don't do the metalflake red justice. The guy owns this has 14 or 15 other classic cars. That's his only hobby---cars!

I'm irreplaceable. :eek::rolleyes:
We all are irreplaceable at home, not so much at work, Chris!

DAC

Back