modified tiller

holdenboy1960 (Shane )

Tractorologist
this was a mod project (job ) in the making 3 + yrs but i eventually got tired of it taking shed room ,yesterday i dragged it out and started cutting and welding it to fit the hitch system i'm now using , had no compression so i removed the head and tidied up the valves , just sticky in the stems was all ,its a walk behind 3 HP B&S engine front tine tiller

checked the fuel tank and filled it up then checked the oil but it was a little off looking , then took it out side and opened the drain bung and a lovely cup of water ran out but luckily no damage to the internals , filled with new oil pulled the choke and 4 pulls and ran like a clock , I have since modded and refitted the tines covers ,

i did try it out in the pumpkin patch and it worked pretty good for a small machine except for the big stones lol

Shane

Attachments

• IMG_20180828_192225.jpg
    IMG_20180828_192225.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180828_192252.jpg
    IMG_20180828_192252.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 21
I have a john deere front tine tiller with a blown engine. I was going to put a HF 6 hp Predator on it & do what you did. I'm using an old 8 hp Penney's that weighs a ton & is getting hard to handle. Are you going to put a splatter shield back on it. These are very important to keep the dirt near the tines for better break up.

I have a john deere front tine tiller with a blown engine. I was going to put a HF 6 hp Predator on it & do what you did. I'm using an old 8 hp Penney's that weighs a ton & is getting hard to handle. Are you going to put a splatter shield back on it. These are very important to keep the dirt near the tines for better break up.
yes i did , had too as it threw sod 5 ft high and all over when i test run it , was quick to refab the covers , and this one i made out of 3 different units to make it function correctly, its about 3.5 HP if i'm correct and really light , was a front tine type

Shane

Back