More junk from the scrap trailer

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I was at work 8 hours today and had a bit of time to go look at the steel scrap trailer. Had to haul home more junk! There were 60 gallon vertical tank some air compressor parts, and I really thought I had scored until I found a 3" long crack in the tank! Figured I go spend less then $200 bucks to have a 17.5 CFM compressor! 6 HP Motor is good at least.
DSCN4218.JPG DSCN4218.5.jpg

There was also this 46" beat to hell dozer blade, with the angle mechanism. Thinking it might be possible to build a rear blade for the MF1450.
DSCN4217.JPG

Like I need more junk around here!

DAC

When I was a kid my grandfather had a very old 10 gallon compressor that was home built. It exploded on him when he was out airing up his tires. Thank god it did it when he was about 20 feet away. We heard the boom and we all went running out of the house to see what the heck he did.

My current compresson does have a pinhole welded in it. That was around 25 years ago so I suppose it's a matter of time for it to explode too! When it comes to a crack though, I'm not real confident that is a good idea. I'm guessing it is a crack from internal rust, as the crack is pretty jagged.

DAC

Guess I just as well add more to this thread as I hauled home more junk from scrap at work after doing 8 hours overtime today.

Got the cracked air compressor tank home, thinking about making a little fire pit out of the base and the top, and using the center for a skin for a push blade.
DSCN4283.JPG

Misc. chunks of steel for fabricating into other junk.
DSCN4281.JPG DSCN4282.JPG

Then this steel electronic control cabinet. It's 2'x3' and 9" deep. Thinking that it would be a good cabinet for spray bombs after putting some shelves in it and hanging it somewhere.
DSCN4285.JPG DSCN4284.JPG

Always need junk, I guess---LOL!

DAC

Back