Moving Snow this afternoon

MNGB

Tractorologist
Put 1.2 hrs on the CS this afternoon pushing snow got things cleaned up pretty good was nice about 30*F so not cold I really like working the Country Squire nice tractor, last winter I put new rings in the engine it now has 16.6 hrs since the ring job just added oil for the first time added 1 cup that's good

HPIM1755.JPGHPIM1756.JPGHPIM1757.JPGHPIM1758.JPGHPIM1759.JPGHPIM1760.JPG

I cleaned my drive out yesterday also. No wind, sunshine and no handling the walk behind. Think a back up camera is in order for the tractor though. Not enough room to turn to see good. Neck needs 3 more joints in it I guess.

I cleaned my drive out yesterday also. No wind, sunshine and no handling the walk behind. Think a back up camera is in order for the tractor though. Not enough room to turn to see good. Neck needs 3 more joints in it I guess.
Did your shoulder replacement surgery limit your neck rotation. It has mine. I need to turn my whole body a quarter turn sometimes to see behind me. I need to get back to doing some neck rotations and shoulder scrunches. These can be done while sitting I just forget about it.

When I finished yesterday and got the CS back into the shop there was snow on the blade etc but I noticed the LH trip spring had come lose it was still on the blade frame. This morning I came into the shop to reinstall the spring the snow had all melted and I couldn't believe it there was the nut right on the blade bracket snow held it in place when I was pushing

HPIM1761.JPGHPIM1762.JPGHPIM1763.JPG

When I finished yesterday and got the CS back into the shop there was snow on the blade etc but I noticed the LH trip spring had come lose it was still on the blade frame. This morning I came into the shop to reinstall the spring the snow had all melted and I couldn't believe it there was the nut right on the blade bracket snow held it in place when I was pushing

View attachment 47438View attachment 47439View attachment 47440
I hope you picked up some lottery tickets.:p

Hi! Haven't been here in awhile. I see you still working too hard with that old equipment!! I pulled my Toro out first time today. It's a big modern hydro with blade. We have about 3 to 4 " snow. It did fine, no issues for this big rig. I've sold most of my tractors this summer. Only a few PK and Speedex left. Last summer been digging out the projects I"ve had laying around for years and either sold the stuff or started on them. Doing bigger Avery's now. Hope to work on a Ford/MM this summer and finish it.

I did my snow removal with a shovel. only 1-1/2" of fluffy powder, probably shoulda fired up the leaf blower instead. was supposed to be 3-6". Another supposed 2-5" wave coming overnite , hottest and heaviest right as I gotta head out and head to work. Starts a couple hours before, and be outta here by late morning. hopefully the big leaf blower in the sky fires up and blows whatever does fall outta here before I get home from work.

Hi! Haven't been here in awhile. I see you still working too hard with that old equipment!! I pulled my Toro out first time today. It's a big modern hydro with blade. We have about 3 to 4 " snow. It did fine, no issues for this big rig. I've sold most of my tractors this summer. Only a few PK and Speedex left. Last summer been digging out the projects I"ve had laying around for years and either sold the stuff or started on them. Doing bigger Avery's now. Hope to work on a Ford/MM this summer and finish it.
nice to see ya back on the forums again.... I have 2 walk behind blowers ready and waiting, havent needed them yet. I had to put the deck on my Ariens that I usually have here for snow duty this past summer and the PTO shaft bearings that carry the driveshaft thru the front axle went to S#!t
First one of them went bad/ and I replaced it out in the middle of the field when it was about 98* this past summer to get the job at hand done.... other one seemed fine/ tight, quiet and still usable... I "was gonna change it anyway" but never got around to it... 2 mowings later that bearing went.
so the tractor sits.... so far have gotten by just fine this season without..... I'm either gonna finish the season that way and change both of those bearings (I have several spares on hand) before mowing season and leave the mower on it OR I'm gonna wind up having to trudge thru drifts to get to it, and drag it home to teh garage and then go back for the snow blower and get it mounted. Ive had that tractor 5-6 years now and about every other year I use the snot out of it over winter while the in between years it might get started 2-3 times just to move it outta my way.....

and this is gonna be my year to thin out the herd..... No way gonna get rid of em all, unless something really special comes along....

Good to hear from you GL

Back