Mowed the runway this afternoon

MNGB

Tractorologist
My Grandson came over and helped me mow the runway with his new to him tractor, He's helped me mow simce he was 10 11 years old and he's always wanted to mow with the :B: Farmall, well he's 21 just about 22 now and live and works a couple of hours away, yesterday we went to a tractor show and he asked if I wanted help mowing I said YES so he can over at noon today. But yesterday I asked him if he wanted one of my tractor went the time comes I said you have the pick of any from the Oliver 770 Ford 8N 0r 641 the "B" Farmall or any of the Power Kings. He got this look then thought a bit and said the Fords are nice but I'll that the "B" so I gave it to him, he pretty pumped and of course we mowed and I kind of forgot how nice it is to have 2 of us mowing sure cuts the mowing down just about half so here he is with his new tractor and mower

202_0722.JPG202_0723.JPG202_0724.JPG

I said you have the pick of any from the Oliver 770, Ford 8N, or 641 the "B" Farmall or any of the Power Kings. He got this look then thought a bit and said the Fords are nice but I'll that the "B" so I gave it to him, he pretty pumped

That is one hard question with the selection of offerings. All have unique capabilities.

With that certain Farmall B, can it be upgraded to a front utility wide span axle vs. a trike? I see both types out there.

That is one hard question with the selection of offerings. All have unique capabilities.

With that certain Farmall B, can it be upgraded to a front utility wide span axle vs. a trike? I see both types out there.
Hi BMaverick, no a "B" is a narrow front tractor (it can be but not cost effect an no reason to) the wide front models you see are "A's" same engine same trans same differential same RH rear axle different LH rear axles

Hi BMaverick, no a "B" is a narrow front tractor (it can be but not cost effect an no reason to) the wide front models you see are "A's" same engine same trans same differential same RH rear axle different LH rear axles
Interesting.. The A, B, BN and C's always confused me..
And maybe a few more in the mix. ( other than the Cub's)

Then throw in the Super’s.

Noel
The Supers were the next gen a few more hp and live Hydraulics, there were no Super "B" , the "A's" & "B's" were offsets A being a wide front and the B being narrow I'm not positive but think the A had a single row cultivator while the B was a 2 row, the C & Super had the same engine but you sat inline with the engine etc had larger rear wheels 9x36 all three were very popular tractor with lots of them being built, curiosity got to me so I checked the productions numbers per Tractor Data "B" = 75,241 A = 117,552 Super A 107,636 C 79932 Super C 98310 that's a lot of tractors

Last edited:
The Supers were the next gen a few more hp and live Hydraulics, there were no Super "B" , the "A's" & "B's" were offsets A being a wide front and the B being narrow I'm not positive but think the A had a single row cultivator while the B was a 2 row, the C & Super had the same engine but you sat inline with the engine etc had larger rear wheels 9x36 all three were very popular tractor with lots of them being built, curiosity got to me so I checked the productions numbers per Tractor Data "B" = 75,241 A = 117,552 Super A 107,636 C 79932 Super C 98310 that's a lot of tractors
Didn't see you mention the BN. Or wasn't there one..?

Edit.. Kind of answered my own question..
Screenshot_20210921-154004.png

Screenshot_20210921-154252.png

Last edited:
Boy you guys are getting tough yes there were many BN's don't know the numbers, and yes to the AV (Hi-clearance) model not to many around this area never seen one it the natural state may have seen one at a tractor show I'm not a big fan of Hi models, Have seen BN's some like them better with the belly mower as the left wheel isn't out in the unmowed grass

Last edited:
Back