My friend Bill's project.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Wish I would have taken a picture of Bills car a year ago when he got it. Good over all solid body, rocker panals firm and no rust. Bad spot was the trunk which must have had a leak and no one tried to stop it. Or dry it out, the floor looked like swiss chease.

But last Saturday he called and said to stop by for a visit and Sunday I did.
He wanted to show me where he was on the car since I had not seen it since early June still in sanding primer.
He is building it as a pro touring car.

So here it was as of Sunday Oct 8th.
Right side rear.
fr9NwZD.jpg

Right front with the new Arms, Also his 55 gasser in the back ground. Of course I took a Richard Petty poster and a bunch of catologs.
HBuniQb.jpg

The 12 bold rear ready to install complete with disk brakes. Decided to install the engine first so he would not have to make and set new jack stands for the rears extra weight.
cvVtnpd.jpg

The left side, his garage walls, engine on the stand covered, the heads standing near by and my T shirt model in the back ground.
pUZNNDS.jpg

Bills 1969 Camaro, and his 55 at a show. The glass he spend 4 hours on saturday trying to remove scratches. Was hot the stuff was not working so is shopping for new glass to be made.
CqRu7K3.jpg

Said it would be ready to go next June he estmated.

:D Al

Back to the Buick project. There is a front and rear fiberglas pair of bumpers for it. A fiberglass hood a 400 tranny. Engine is yet to be announced as the block is all set for a build and there are a couple different cranks, sets of heads and a cam. He may have finished that up this week since he is going to do the engine tranny install before doing the rear end.

Work for him has slowed down a lot for the last 25/30 days. Mostly hauling scrap now.

Yenko Chevrolet wasnt that far from me.

My first boss had a yenko vega he bought brand new when he graduated college. Not sure if he still has it. He moved to florida when he retired and sold his business.

Yenko Chevys and Shelby Mustangs.
Used to be a hot dealership Norm Krausas Grand Spaulding Dodge who many a Mid west drag racer came to know.

"Pro-Touring is a style of classic muscle car with enhanced suspension components, brake system, drivetrain, and aesthetics, including many of the amenities of a new performance car. These modified muscle cars have been developed to function as well as, or to surpass, the capabilities of the foremost modern performance vehicles. Pro-Touring cars are built with an emphasis on function and are intended to be driven. Whether they are driven on the street, the race track, the drag strip, or through cones at an auto-cross is of no difference. Regardless of the location, pro-touring cars are destined to be driven"

Bills car has disk brakes all around, not the drums standard on 1970 cars rear.
Bills car has a pro link rear suspention in the rear and not the coil springs standard on 1970 Buicks,
There are more up grades all so.

Back