My Neighbors new toy.

chieffan

Tractorologist
Got it a month or so ago. Has the bucket with grapple and forks. Used it to clean a path out the middle of my drive last Friday evening. He was out cleaning out the drives to get in to feed the cattle the next morning so just drove on down another 1/2 mile and cleaned my drive out. If your going to get a loader may as well go with the Cadillac. Telehandler.png

Manitou design... Poor visibility.....
What do you mean poor visibility? Glass all around the operator. Go check one out in person. NOT Manitou design either. Theirs may have poor visibility, haven been in one but seen them, don't think New Holland would use that kind of design anyway.

I can see there will be limited visibility on the right when the boom is beside the cab, but back when I still dairy farmed, I'd have loved to have owned one for loading silage and more!

So New Holland design, sold also under Manitou name. With the boom at a decent carry height, the boom will block 80% of your right hand vision. Put forks on that machine and you will not see the tip of your right fork to grab a skid on the ground. If there is a low obstacle on the right, you can't see the path of that right front tire. I have driven quite a few different brands and styles of extendaboom lifts over a couple decades. I have run machines of that design........ Not just looked at them

So New Holland design, sold also under Manitou name. With the boom at a decent carry height, the boom will block 80% of your right hand vision. Put forks on that machine and you will not see the tip of your right fork to grab a skid on the ground. If there is a low obstacle on the right, you can't see the path of that right front tire. I have driven quite a few different brands and styles of extendaboom lifts over a couple decades. I have run machines of that design........ Not just looked at them
You ever try to use forks on a backhoe loader bucket??
Mike

I can agree. We had a jcb and cat of similar design at the mine with forks installed. No visibility on the right side when carrying a load. I always hated loading supplies in the traffic heavy yard. Get in a tight spot where you have to worry about hitting a structure and it's even worse.

Handy machine but has limitations.

Nobody said the New Holland was perfect. Ever machine made has draw backs. If you don't know where that right front wheel maybe you shouldn't be driving. Can you see the RF wheel in your truck or car? Can you see the RF tip of the fork on a tractor loader? I made my point.

I can see there will be limited visibility on the right when the boom is beside the cab, but back when I still dairy farmed, I'd have loved to have owned one for loading silage and more!
That is what he bought this one for. Wagons are getting taller and hard to reach with a tractor loader. Same with handling big bales into the bale grinder.

My excavator is blind on the right side when the boom is level. Caught he corner of our new pole shed with the right end of the blade the first time I parked next to it. You learn quick to raise the boom before you move.
You could park that New Holland in my yard anytime.

Last edited:
Back