My "new" George

thom

Tractorologist
I bought this George one wheeler at a local show yesterday. The engine I bought separately and it is stuck. I had a similar George 20+ years ago but I believe this is an earlier model. Someone has poured concrete in the wheel. I will use an air chisel to remove it. One of the attachments available was a sickle mower and I would really like to find one for it.IMG_31072021_152159_(150_x_150_pixel).jpgIMG_31072021_152213_(150_x_150_pixel).jpgIMG_31072021_152234_(150_x_150_pixel).jpg

I have a simular machine. Bought it with no engine and no belt tension linkage. I had to make some new bushings and replace 2 pulleys. The tension linkage is hand built and is all guesswork. The Briggs 5s seems to fit it well. Fun to take it to shows and drive it around. I will try to make a cultivator plow for it later. They seem to be pretty rare.20210906_191208.jpg

Would be a fun machine to play around with. But like a lot of other the fun wears off and they go down the road for somebody else to have their fun. So goes the world of GT's.

Would be a fun machine to play around with. But like a lot of other the fun wears off and they go down the road for somebody else to have their fun. So goes the world of GT's.
That's pretty much what happened with mine. I live on the edge of town next to a Dollar General Store and a man and his wife came into the store. She went in and he came over to where I was driving the George around and ended up offering me way more than I paid for it.

Back