My new (used) Honda Pressure washer..

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Bought this at auction today. Its a Honda 13hp , 4000psi pressure washer. Has a Comet pump which I don't know anything about but what I read they're pretty good.
Asked one of the auctioneers how it was and whether it run or not . Said yes ,ran great. Well that wasn't the case as I cleaned the carburetor and looked like it didn't run for a few years. But never the less it cleaned up good , put it back together and started on one pull. And can I tell you this thing has some pressure. Makes your arms tired pretty quick. Came with 50' x 3/8" hose with quick disconnect.
And the best part is I picked it up for $95..... Looking on line for something equivalent to this new is 1k- $1500. So I'm pretty happy with it. BTW..I don't have the air filter back on yet..
2023-02-27_15-21-34_332.jpg 2023-02-27_15-21-41_501.jpg2023-02-27_15-21-48_485.jpg

That's a great deal, even if you had to do minor work on it! Don't let it hit your feet on pencil stream or it might cut your boot and foot!
Honestly its more than I really. Going have to take care around certain things cause I think it do damage real quick. But boy does it work on concrete...!
I have a excell 2400 psi 6hp (gas) now and its ok and often thought 26-3000 psi would be ideal.
I also have a little electric 2000 psi that I use for cleaning mowers and such and it works great for that kind of thing but you'd never want to do a house with it..even the 2400 psi washer takes a while..

Sometimes a diamond in the rough turns out great. Great buy!! It amazes me how people let an engine set and the ethanol worms set in and they throw it away. It's easy with a honda to shut off the gas and run it 'til it dies or it has the float bowl drain plug.

Great deal!! Wish I had one right now but I’ve just never been able to justify buying a Quality unit
Yea this definitely seems like a quality unit.
They always say you can't go too big.
That's yet to be determined. Though I would have never intentionally bought a new one this big. Too nice to resell though that was the first thing on my mine. We shall see..

My pressure washer has been around quite a while and been through a few revamping. Was a vertical engine but the engine gave out. So welded a plate over former engine mount hole, then mounted a 6.5hp Briggs horizontal. The reason I went to this trouble repowering is that over 20 years ago Dad mounted a hose reel to it and works quite well. Over the years I've replaced the pump a couple times. It's got 3100 pounds pressure.
IMG_20230228_080122.jpgIMG_20230228_080135.jpg

My pressure washer has been around quite a while and been through a few revamping. Was a vertical engine but the engine gave out. So welded a plate over former engine mount hole, then mounted a 6.5hp Briggs horizontal. The reason I went to this trouble repowering is that over 20 years ago Dad mounted a hose reel to it and works quite well. Over the years I've replaced the pump a couple times. It's got 3100 pounds pressure.
View attachment 65963View attachment 65964
That hose is real is a good idea Daniel I hate wrapping mine around the factory bracket. I have a 25’ and two 50’ hoses. Lately I just carry the 25’ I hardly ever use the others.

Last summer I was gifted a Troy-Bilt 3100 PSI pressure washer. Bought a new Predator engine for it. Been using the hose from my 2500 PSI unit, so I just bought one for it. Then I can sell the 2500 this Spring.

That big red knob sticking up in the front is a bypass regulator. Back it out and you drop the pressure if it's too high. I turn mine up and down all the time depending on what I'm using it for.
You got a great deal on the machine. Also over the years I have found you can only trust about 50% of what you hear at an auction. Most auctioneers have never laid eyes on what they are selling until a couple days before the sale. Buyer beware must have come from someone who ended up with a piece of junk at an auction.

Last edited:
I've only known of one honest auctioneer. Like 40+ years ago Dad was going to bid on a big old Troy bilt tiller. He asked auctioneer if the engine was blown and auctioneer said they were certain it was a stuck open valve and he would guarantee it wasn't anything major. So as soon as we unloaded it I gave rope a pull and I instantly knew it was a thrown rod. Dad said no way, but I knew and we pulled the head off and no piston movement. Dad contacted auctioneer and the guy told Dad to bring him the parts bill and sure nuff he paid Dad every cent. He even said he'd pay Dad for his (my) labor, but Dad said no need for that being the guy kept his word.

Not at all a fan of Honda engines, but I too bought one with a Honda engine from an auction.
Auctioneer said "know nothing about the power washer, you're buying the engine"
Came with the original manual as well. I had a hose and wand from my former troybilt piece o crap I bought new from Lowes.
Worked alright for $50, I eventually a wound up buying a new CAT pump for it and an NOS carburetor the next year.
I got a couple of years out of it as I got it, but didn't use it all that much. I think it's been used more since the new pump than before the original one started leaking everywhere one could leak. I forget what kind of pump the original one was.

Wow Bill what a deal and that’s got to be a beast with that engine. I’ve always liked Honda engines. I would find it hard to sell that.

I have a Karcher 3000psi with a Honda 190cc and love it. I’ve had it for ten years with no problems. It has done everything I’ve needed to do. It amazes me what it’ll clean and it will split leather too don’t ask me how I know this. I can’t imagine what yours will do Bill.
FD8C91FA-38BF-4FC6-AEDA-FE8FF477B468.jpeg

We have a diesel fired steam/power washer at work w/a 13hp Honda and the thing pisses me off every time I run it for more than about 45 minutes straight.
All of a sudden it will just die like someone shut the kill switch. It does start right back up, but the longer it runs the shorter span between kills.
Can't be the coil or I'd have to let it cool off but it always starts right back up 1st pull.
Usually when I fire it up it's a most of a day deal, I blast the shop floors with it

We have a diesel fired steam/power washer at work w/a 13hp Honda and the thing pisses me off every time I run it for more than about 45 minutes straight.
All of a sudden it will just die like someone shut the kill switch. It does start right back up, but the longer it runs the shorter span between kills.
Can't be the coil or I'd have to let it cool off but it always starts right back up 1st pull.
Usually when I fire it up it's a most of a day deal, I blast the shop floors with it
May be a low oil sensor if it has one.

I’ve had two push mowers did the same thing. I changed the plug on both to fix.

Back