My old Farmall Cub

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Found an photo of the Cub I had years ago. Probably bought it back in the early 90's. I had painted it so it looks pretty in the picture. It came with a 3 section 6' mower (not pictured) which was fabricated by a local fab shop. Mowed good but only height adjustment was made by raising and lowering each spindle if you can image that. Not very convenient.
As pictured is a Sears snow plow off of the smaller framed Sears tractor that got extended from 48"-60" with manual lift that I made to fit the tractor.
Long story short this tractor ran very nice. Rode nice. Purred like a kitten and mowed nice. BUT it didn't have live PTO or any hydraulics. When we first purchased our land I used it to keep it mowed down. But there was nothing to mow around and didn't have to start / stop much. Getting those mowers wound up and slowed down was learning curve.
That changed when we built and made using this tractor not really fun to use. So ended up selling it and getting a zero turn and the rest is history.

2023-05-17_11-29-00_715.jpg2023-05-17_11-28-56_480.jpg

Found an photo of the Cub I had years ago. Probably bought it back in the early 90's. I had painted it so it looks pretty in the picture. It came with a 3 section 6' mower (not pictured) which was fabricated by a local fab shop. Mowed good but only height adjustment was made by raising and lowering each spindle if you can image that. Not very convenient.
As pictured is a Sears snow plow off of the smaller framed Sears tractor that got extended from 48"-60" with manual lift that I made to fit the tractor.
Long story short this tractor ran very nice. Rode nice. Purred like a kitten and mowed nice. BUT it didn't have live PTO or any hydraulics. When we first purchased our land I used it to keep it mowed down. But there was nothing to mow around and didn't have to start / stop much. Getting those mowers wound up and slowed down was learning curve.
That changed when we built and made using this tractor not really fun to use. So ended up selling it and getting a zero turn and the rest is history.

View attachment 69025View attachment 69026
Thanks for sharing the story with us many times I've thought about getting a Cub but just didn't want to spend the money they want around here for a decent one, they are nice sn=mall tractor but like you say for mowing a yard a bit unhandy

Back