My post about what I've been doing

MNGB

Tractorologist
Well my post just a bit ago kind of got side tracked with that other problem etc so while waiting to see how that was going to work I got to thinking about trying a completely different snowblower on the PK cruising CL last week I seen an ad for a PK with a snowblower it was out in Ohio but when looking at the pictures I seen that the
snowblower was a Case snowcaster and since I have a 48" Case blower got to thinking about seeing if I could attach it to one of my PK's so I've been fabricating a hitch assembly and I think its going to work This is what I have so far

HPIM1517.JPGHPIM1513.JPGHPIM1515.JPGHPIM1518.JPG

Big job fabbing the mount up. I have 2 blower units for my tractor, one does not have a mount. Easy enough to build as I have a mount for pattern but many hours work!

Today made good progress on the hitch welded and drilled and tapped didn't get a chance to take pictures of today's work but its getting close to done will clean it up and paint tomorrow then Monday will try attaching the snow blower to the PK then its to figure out the belt length and see what happens
HPIM1522.JPGHPIM1523.JPGHPIM1524.JPGHPIM1519.JPGHPIM1520.JPG

Finished up the hitch fab work did a trial fit on the work bench and its looking good the parts are now in the paint room curing will see abount mounting the snowcaster to the PK next week, then its to fabricate a lift cable and a mount for the chute crank

HPIM1525.JPGHPIM1526.JPGHPIM1527.JPGHPIM1528.JPGHPIM1529.JPGHPIM1530.JPG

Today turned out good got the adapter hitch installed on the PK and then attached the Case snowcaster it attached easy and as it should got a cable installed to lift the blower and installed the chute crank and installed a belt but its about 1 inch too short but tried the clutch and the blower ran as it should so tomorrow I'll try a longer belt that I have in the shop and see how it works otherwise its off to town to get one that is right, right now we have no blowable snow what we is iced and hard maybe I won't get to try it this year, ;) you think

HPIM1538.JPGHPIM1540.JPGHPIM1541.JPGHPIM1544.JPGHPIM1546.JPGHPIM1548.JPG

This afternoon it got close to 40*F here so I did so tractor switching around got the Case up front into the shop so I can do some work on it in the next couple of weeks so in the process had to run the PK's outside then got the Case in so the PK with the Case snowblower it was just to much temptation so I gently nudge it into a pile of sloppy snow and man did it blow it so I tried a little more and Iam very pleased with the installation and how it is working it didn't blow all that far but then again it was very wet slushy snow couple of time I was able to load the blower pretty good and it made the 14 hp Kohler grunt a little

Back